This delicious blend is indeed a mouth watering treat. The base is an interesting mixture of flavored black cavendish, Virginia and burley.

Blended ByCarl McAllister
FlavoringButter, Cream
Packaging50 grams pouch, bulk
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
2.4
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (303)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This was the blend I was going to smoke this week when I had company over as I remembered it being obnoxious in the room note department (which is what I was looking for) but after a year in the Ball jar the aroma has disappeared and the quality of the Virginia's used in this Black Cavendish and Burley blend are not high enough to enjoy without the topping. Not recommended although fresh it was better...

Age When Smoked: One year in a Ball Jar

Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

The black cavendish is unsweetened, and has a very light sugariness. I get a few nutty, earthy, woody burley notes, and some grass from the Virginia. The topping is a creamy, smooth butterscotch, but it's weak and surprisingly so because it does sublimate the tobaccos a lot. The strength and taste levels are very mild. Has almost no nicotine. Won't bite or get harsh, and has no rough edges. Needs a little dry time, burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a very consistent flavor, and leaves just a little moisture in the bottom. Requires an average number of relights. Has an innocuous after taste, and pleasant room note. An all day smoke.

-JimInks

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Now this i like!To me this is heaven in a bowl.I can smoke this stuff all day long(and i do)It packs very well and stays lit all the way to the bottom. There is no tounge bit and no after taste. One of my all time favourite blends!

Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (254)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I really had high hopes for this one when I picked up some bulk during a recent sale.

It was quite moist in the bag. The bag note was sweet.. but not particularly butterscotch to my smell. It packs great after a little drying, and lights without much effort.

It always wants to bite unless I really really slow down. The taste I get is just sweet topping more than butterscotch. It's not a bad blend, but not something I'd pick up again.

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (155)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

It's really interesting how one person can love something and another can hate it. I find this blend having a good bit of taste that falls between butter and nuts and some nice sweetness. This is to me very flavorful and a mild smoke. Now you have to watch this one as it can bite ya if you start puffing to much. Not a huge amount of smoke and again will burn hot if your a puffer. Sip this one slowly and get lots of taste!

Pipe Used: Nording

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)

I normally don't smoke too many aromatics but this one is not bad. I found it to be a little too moist and drying greatly helped.

Really does have a decent butterscotch taste. Can get bitter and bitey if not dry enough or smoked too fast. If smoked moderatley it behaves pretty well.

I found aging it about 6 months or more in a jar smooths it out quite a bit.

Not an every day smoke but definitley good and I will keep some around. It is like candy, very sweet.

This is what I thought butternut burley was susposed to taste like. The blend of tobaccos is very much better in this only part of it is burley with some va and cavendish too.

Has a completely toffee aroma in the bag. I bought this in bulk, It is the only way I have found this and it was at pipes and cigars.com

dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (156)

Some hay from the Virginia, a bit of earthy nuttiness from the Burley and the Black Cavendish adds some sweet note. The topping is butter scotch as advertised. The moisture content was fine to smoke right from the bag as well. Not funky and I found the flavor to be true throughout the bowl. Very mild and does not bite. All in all a good aromatic for me. Not an everyday smoke but I do reach fo it weekly. Recommended if you like butterscotch

Big Blue Jazzman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Blue Jazzman (72)

Pouch note is pleasant. Cut is medium strands of soft ribbon. Packs well and burns consistently. Did not bite at all. The flavor is exactly as it states as far as my taste buds. Light, buttery , and creamy but not like a butterscotch bomb. It left a pleasant aftertaste in my mouth. A decent change of pace tobacco for your morning cup of joe. I like a little variety myself in my pipes. Seems everyone here is all over the board on this one! It is a decent blend and worth a try in my book.

Pipe Used: various