Sweet tooth barking at your taste buds? Try our Peanut Butter Chocolate blend. A well blended aromatic with some nutty Maryland burley and Virginia. A comfortable all day smoke that satisfies your craving for candy without the calories.

BrandWilke Pipe Tobacco
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
3.4
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Full disclosure: I am the co-creator of this blend. The very rich peanut butter topping is more obvious than the subtly deep, creamy chocolate. They are the stars of this blend as they synergistically meld with the tobaccos without totally drowning them out. There are some nuts, earth, wood, very light molasses and spice from the Maryland burley along with a touch of tart and tangy citrus, honey, bread, sugar, floralness, and grass from the Virginia. The Virginia is a condiment. The strength is a couple of steps past the mild mark. The taste is a step past the center of mild to medium. The nic-hit is very light. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, and only has a small hint of a rough edge. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent, rather smooth peanut butter chocolate flavor that extends to the lightly lingering pleasant after taste, and appealing room note. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl. Requires an average number of relights. It’s a easy going all day smoke that won’t wear out its welcome during your smoking day.

-JimInks

Theebuckeye Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theebuckeye (5)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I got this as a sample when I ordered some Beeker St. and Surburg 71st St. (Both are AMAZING by the way). My sample is almost gone because I just smoked bowl after bowl of this. The peanut butter is smooth and just tastes soo good. It's not real sweet, just creamy and good. The chocolate was there but subtle. Sip it slow and man....sooo good. It packs amazingly well and burns and burns. Smells good too. Just a very unexpectedly good tobacco. If you like aeros that aren't too sweet or sticky, give this a try. I think you'll like it.

The tobacco is a mix of long and chopped medium ribbon. There are a few torn bits in the there. It was a little on the moist side of ideal for me, and I smoked it as delivered. I was careful not to pack it too tightly.

I smoked this sample after the Wilke Peanut Butter sample was finished. I had found sucess with a Grabow pot smoking that one, and I stuck with this pipe for the PNB & Chocolate. I got the same movie theater popcorn -> over-roasted peanuts -> peanut butter flavors. The transition smooth and pleasant. This one adds a cocoa note that is consistent. It may have a little more black cavendish because it had a disctictive creamier "mouth feel."

I do want to give mad props to a blender who can have a tasty tobacco-flavored base with some flavors on top and make it all work. This would seem like this would be the industry standard, but I find it is not. The blend was slightly sweet. The mild burley foundation was enjoyable. This burley had just the hint of a bitter edge when puffed and a earthy flavor in general.

It burned well, and if anything seemed to have burned a little slow for me. It was a good smoke.

My wife sometimes comments on the room note of something I smoke. She remarked with this one that I was smoking something new and it smelled good. I asked if she could identify anything she could name in the room note and she said, "No but it maybe smelled a little sweet."

If you are looking for a quality semi-aro that provides an interesting flavor with a tobacco flavored base, you should give this a try. It was good.

craig61a Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
craig61a (21)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I remember reading about this last spring, then promptly forgot about it.

I came across a mention of it the other day, and ordered some.

The 2 lbs. I ordered came in a mailing envelope, I could smell the roasted peanut scent five feet away from my front steps. I loaded up a cob fresh out of the bag. It smoked wonderfully. The peanut flavor dominates; there is a chocolate note on the finish. The taste pretty much continues through the bowl. I didn't notice the base burley, other than it contributed to some nuttiness, and whatever virginia is in the blend is way down the scale as to what it contributes.

But nobody's buying this to savor any burley/virginia flavors...

This is a fun blend. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy. Doesn't need a lot of mental gymnastics. I'm somewhat reminded of the Drew Estate aromatics, notably Grand Central, while they're not the same, the flavor comes through.

The "tin" note, and the flavor while smoking works. The implementation of the concept of this blend knocks it out of the park...

HabaneroHardy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HabaneroHardy (342)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

The other day a fellow pipe club member whom we shall call “M” stopped by with some Wilke pipe tobacco that he had just received and this was one of them. I was given a generous sample to smoke as I enjoy doing reviews from time to time. The scent the following day coming from this closed zip lock was the strongest “Hazelnut” smell I have ever encountered. The smell was so strong that it clung to my nostril hairs and I had the nutty smell in my nose for minutes but it seemed like hours. This appears to have been over topped on the topping, no pun intended. Let me preface by saying that I have smoked them all, from BCA, Tonkin Bean blends, Deer Tongue blends, Cherry, Vanilla, etc. and I also smoke the gambit from Rustica to Red Virginias. But I am sorry, two bowls of this in an old cob due to ghosting worries was all I could take. I will bring in the rest at our next meeting. The tobacco is still fairly moist and the first bowl I smoked and the second I let it air out some in the cob. I swear I could smell and taste this while smoking. My wife says she even smells like “Hazelnut”. I have never tried the PB, but I could not discern much if any Chocolate. As the saying goes “Your Mileage May Vary, YMMV”. Another fellow piper liked it. In fairness I cannot even stand flavored coffees, i.e. Hazelnut, French Vanilla, etc. That may have something to do with me not caring for this blend also. My two cents for what it is worth. Just not my flavor profile.

Pipe Used: Old Corn Cob