A gentle aromatic blend of black cavendish, burley and Virginia with added flavours of coconut, dark chocolate and maple. A mix of different sized leaf, from coarse to fine, gives the blend character and aids the packing of the pipe.

BrandChieftain
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Maple, Nuts / Beans
CutMixture
Strength
Taste
2.0
StevieB (1958)

Chieftain - Shipwrights Mixture.

I reviewed Lazy Day Mixture from Chieftain recently and found it similar to Ashton's Guilty Pleasure, and I find Shipwrights like their Smooth Sailing.

The appearance is the same as Smooth Sailing, a little more brown than black pieces, and the governing aroma's one of coconut. The moisture suits me, it's a touch damp but not wet.

I enjoy the flavour but the only thing to lessen the rating is an idiosyncratic one: bite! But, I'll leave the negative and get back to the better points! For the first quarter I get the most flavour from the coconut, underlined by a maple sweetness. After this time the chocolate begins to join in, gaining weight as the bowl continues; I notice more chocolate than I did in Smooth Sailing. As the appearance implied there's more of the VaBur side than black Cavendish; but, the Cavendish is DEFINITELY present. The burn from SM is reliable and not warm, but as I said at the start, it bites me, HARSHLY!

Nicotine: quite mild. Room-note: nice.

Shipwrights Mixture? Because of the bite I'll only give it two stars: