Radfords Mixture pipe tobacco is a blend of mature Virginias, burley and cavendish tobaccos with a hint of fresh fruit and a nutty aroma.

BrandRadfords
Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
StevieB (2035)

Radford's - Mixture.

A blend made mostly of medium brown ribbons with a smaller proportion of darker ones, about 10%. Although it includes a few coarser pieces the majority are quite uniform, midsized. The aroma has some citrus sprightliness, but nothing too 'aromatic'.

I find a similar situation with the smoke. I can identify, easily, some citrus notes, but I struggle to identify any nuts; as listed. These might be getting confused with the Burley as this is a formidable flavour; the strongest leaf. The Burley gets some support from the Virginia, but the Va is in a subordinate role. I find the smoke fairly cool, no tongue bite, and it burns steadily.

Nicotine: a jot below medium. Room-note: perfectly inoffensive.

Mixture? I wouldn't call it a Bad Smoke, but I wouldn't have it in my rotation. Somewhat recommended:

Two stars.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Siena

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

Don Forbes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Don Forbes (1)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I highly recommend this tobacco. It burns well and without bite. It produces clouds of sweet, rich smoke and towards the middle of the bowl develops some deep licorice notes. One of my favorites.

Pipe Used: Old Gowrie