BrandPlanta
Blended ByPlanta
Manufactured ByPlanta
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
Packaging40 grams pouch, 180 grams tin
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Overwhelming
1.0
thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (72)
Extremely Mild Medium Medium Overwhelming

I tried this a number of years ago after my aunt brought me some back from one of the Spanish islands.

It has the dubious honour of being a two bowl wonder for me. In the pouch it was dry as sticks, the aroma was just flat out wierd,it was very much like smelling a bag of jolly ranchers, that kind of synthetic aroma. Tried a bowl as is, and the synthetic aroma was immediately overwhelming, and it left a strange sensation at the back of my throat. So I tried gently rehydrating, thinking a little moisture might do it good....... Not a chance.

The aroma was watered down slightly but that strange sensation worsened, the bite was horrific, even sipping as slowly as possible it bit like a rabid pit bull. Strength? What strength, I think drawing air through an empty pile would be more satisfying.

On the relight it was utterly foul, the room note even made me turn my nose up.

On the whole Deffinitely not recommended, it's this type of aromatic that gives the genre a bad name, and one that surprises me a lot given so many good ones has faded away yet dreck like this remains on sale...... How in all that's Holy is that possible.

The makers of this garbage concoction should be keel hauled and made to walk the plank....

One of my very rare one star reviews.