Perfect for strolls along the Walk under a grand stretch, Bachelor's Ribbon is a lightly aromatic blend of Virginia and burley Leaf, topped with a delightfully deep plum essence, steamed, pressed, and sliced into delicate flakes.

BrandNassau Street
Blended ByJeremy Reeves
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
FlavoringPlum
Packaging50 grams pouch
Strength
Taste
Northern Ireland Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Ireland Piper (3)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Boy this is a lovely tobacco ! I have been really starting to appreciate it as I smoke it more. The first smoke I hadn’t dried it out enough – it really needs to be left to dry out a while after opening. It’s a broken flake so needs rubbing out and left for a while. I smoke it well rubbed out and very dry & packed tight. It gives a lovely complex smoke – it burns nice and slow and is such a mellow smoke. Don’t rush this one ! Take light puffs and just let it happen. It has a grassy spicy note and just burns lovely. They mention plum coating but I didn't notice that too much. My descriptive powers are not too nuanced – I mainly smoke VA Burs these days and this one is so good.

I bought it in the Peterson Shop in Nassau Street Dublin. It’s made by Cornell and Diehl in the United States. I believe it is only available to buy in the Peterson shop in Dublin, so well worth a trip there – the sales assistant recommend this one as I like Virginias. As per all tobacco products in Ireland, its packed up in horrible plain packaging with all the usual horrendous images. I smoke this in small pipes like a Peterson Dracula 03 or my Savinelli New Act 106. I tend to use Balsa filters for this tobacco.

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula

Age When Smoked: 2 Months

Purchased From: Peterson Dublin

Similar Blends: Apparently close to Peterson University Flake which I never tried..