BrandWellauer & Co
ContentsLatakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
CountryCH
Strength
Taste
Full
Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong, Strong
3.7
Ernstlbert Hegersbacher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ernstlbert Hegersbacher (17)
Medium None Detected Very Full Strong

if i would have to bet i'd say this is a carbon copy of Dunnhill's Nightcap.

since Wellauer was also tinning Dunhill Blends for the Swiss/middle european market my guess is they either copied the blend or even rebranded old batches of dunhills nightcap

there is nothing more to say here, if you enjoyed dunnhills nightcap and are looking for an alternative you will also love this one!

Pipe Used: Chacom Maya Billard

Age When Smoked: fresh from the tin

Purchased From: Schwarzenbohler Otmar e.U.

Similar Blends: Dunhill - Nightcap.

raybrown55 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
raybrown55 (32)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

Being curious to find how closely the Wellauer NC matches the last version of the Dunhill original, I've smoked a tin of each one alternatively for several days. What can I say? Wellauer NC has a slightly larger ribbon and it seems to me even a little bolder taste, but that's all with the differences and, regarding the taste, it might be my personal suggestion. So I don't know if really the men at Wellauer have some residual Dunhill tobacco from the days in which they were tinning it or maybe they have been very clever in the imitation of the original, but anyway the Wellauer NightCap is very very close to the Dunhill NC. And so I have to rate it at four stars, as I would have done with the original.

Similar Blends: Dunhill Nightcap....

marci Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marci (3)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

This an attempt at copying Dunhill's legendary Nightcap, my personal favourite out of classics... and I must say it is avery sound attempt. I did not compare the blends side by side. However, as far as I can recall, it comes close. Maybe a bit sweeter and less earthy than the original.

Pipe Used: Chacom billiard

Purchased From: Wellauer AG in Zürich

Similar Blends: Dunhill - Nightcap.