The Borkum Riff Authentic recipe consists of black cavendish, flue cured Virginia, and burley tobacco.

The tobaccos are blended and warm pressed into plates. After resting, the plates are cut into flakes and rubbed.

BrandBorkum Riff
Blended ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
Manufactured BySkandinavian Tobacco Group
Blend TypeAmerican
Packaging50 grams pouch
CountryCA
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat)
Unnoticeable
1.0
Pippin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pippin (2)
Mild to Medium None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Due to new tobacco laws in Quebec, all flavored Tobaccos have been pulled from the shelves. The Borkum Riff Rum which I enjoyed years ago no longer exists. I purchased a new pouch of Authentic, which has the contents printed on the interior, so that you are obliged to purchase and open the pouch in order to read the description. The aroma in the pouch was not enticing, and the tobacco was very dry, considering it was a fresh pouch. Cut is OK, loads easily. This tobacco I found to be disgusting. Burns hot, not much taste, just acrid smoke. It actually made me ill. I have tried various blends of tobacco from various manufacturers, and although I may not like a blend, no tobacco has ever made me ill. This would seem to be a "when nothing else is available at the drugstore" tobacco for someone who desperately needs something, anything, to smoke. Myself, I will not touch it again.

Pipe Used: Briar