BrandPoniatowski
1.0
North State Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
North State (28)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Strong

"I can't believe it's not butter!"

I really can't. I don't know what Frankensteinian trick they accidentally pulled when trying to produce a heavily vanilla-ed light tobacco, but the pouch note already is that of opening a freshly churned jar of good Polish country butter, with a topping of powdered sugar - and it does follow up all the way in the taste. In fact, smoking this you get a psychosomatic film of grease on the roof of your mouth. Fine shag and a very light smoke that burns easily and has no tongue bite to speak of, but for me the general sensation was just weird and somewhat unpleasant. Even the room note is that of a dairy, specialized in sweetened products.

Not my cup of tea at all and never buying this again, but those of you who are into the vanilla thing might find it worth a try at least, if only for the exoticism.

PS. I would be interested in knowing how this does or does not differ from Orlik's 'Poniatowski Vanilla' with the pouch looking outwardly almost identical, or if this is simply the same blend under new management.

EDIT: Hahaha, the following day I remembered that after having smoked the pouch about halfway I was so done with the ultra-light buttery fluffiness that I mixed the rest of it with the remains of a small tin of Rustica I got from a neighbour, in a desperate attempt to give it some substance and character. And it actually improved from that!

Pipe Used: Gasparini meerschaum-lined, corn cob