A blend of Virginia, Maryland, and burley tobaccos, Meriwether is aged into cakes, then spun to a ribbon to make packing and smoking smooth, while staying mild and rich in flavor.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Unnoticeable, Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
dixondavid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixondavid (5)
Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Soft, rich virginia flavor with the burley providing a nutty, earthy counterpoint in perfect harmony. Completely natural tobacco flavor here, downright wholesome. I don't know enough about maryland tobacco to pinpoint its influence and part in the flavor but this is a perfectly natural, mellow and flavorful experience. Has a pleasant room note. I hope Tobacco Jesus won't be insulted by the comparison but this reminds me of a more pure, higher quality tobacco, Carter Hall to some extent. Highly recommend!

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum

Purchased From: The Country Squire

½ bowl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
½ bowl (103)
Mild Strong Medium Unnoticeable

I couldn't get past the taste of propylene glycol -- or some such additive. I know for sure that unadulterated tobaccos don't taste like this. I really struggle with negative reviews because I know I'm knocking a small, independent blender, and these days they need all the support they can get. Well, try an ounce or two of this and see if you can tolerate it.

Pipe Used: Briar from Boswell

Purchased From: Online

Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (271)
Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

one of the squire blends that I had somehow not got around to trying yet. It comes in the bag in ribbon form of a variety of colored tobaccos with just the right amount of moisture. It is easy to pack and to get going.

I'm not sure I know enough about the MD tobacco to know what it is bringing to the game, but the Virginia carries high notes, while there is a good base from the burley.

It not overly "exciting" but it provides a good solid smoke bowl after bowl which I could see being an all-day thing.