A blend of Virginia, Maryland, and burley tobaccos, Meriwether is aged into cakes, then spun to a ribbon to make packing and smoking smooth, while staying mild and rich in flavor.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
2.5
dixondavid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixondavid (3)
Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Soft, rich virginia flavor with the burley providing a nutty, earthy counterpoint in perfect harmony. Completely natural tobacco flavor here, downright wholesome. I don't know enough about maryland tobacco to pinpoint its influence and part in the flavor but this is a perfectly natural, mellow and flavorful experience. Has a pleasant room note. I hope Tobacco Jesus won't be insulted by the comparison but this reminds me of a more pure, higher quality tobacco, Carter Hall to some extent. Highly recommend!

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum

Purchased From: The Country Squire

½ bowl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
½ bowl (102)
Mild Strong Medium Unnoticeable

I couldn't get past the taste of propylene glycol -- or some such additive. I know for sure that unadulterated tobaccos don't taste like this. I really struggle with negative reviews because I know I'm knocking a small, independent blender, and these days they need all the support they can get. Well, try an ounce or two of this and see if you can tolerate it.

Pipe Used: Briar from Boswell