This blend was the private blend of Paul Simmons, a long-time Squire regular who departed many years ago. Developed in the early 1970s, P.S. Blend is an exquisite hybrid blend, featuring elements of soft aromatic tobaccos blended with the finest Latakia flakes. This tobacco is semi-sweet, spirited, and rich in flavor.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Robykeys82 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Robykeys82 (25)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Another great tobacco by the Squire. This blend is noticeable for being an aromatic and an English at the same time, and for getting the best of the two worlds together. Really easy to pack and to light, the smoke is a journey into a realm of flavours which overall blend together so well you'll really want to have another bowl soon after the first is gone! Highly recommended, as all the Squire blends.

Pipe Used: Bent Apple US

Purchased From: The Country Squire shop

Bumble Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bumble (53)

To give you a hint from where my below impressions are coming from; I favor aromatic blends (vanilla being my favorite), although I am finding I enjoy English/Scottish blends more frequently, which I could not stand when I first started smoking a pipe. I have been trying more of the English/Aromatic combo blends, which I have found being more and more of that I am reaching for for my everyday smoke

Opening the bag what I smelled was sweetness (no specific flavor) and absolutely no Latakia. I mostly saw Black Cavendish and what looked like sprinkles of Virginia.

The flavor I tasted was sweetness, nothing else. This blend says it is "blended with the finest Latakia flakes", so I either got a bad batch or was wrongly labeled as there was not even a hint of Latakia there. I have been buying/trying many of their blends this past year and I also received a wonderful Christmas gift with 8 of their blends from a family member that lives near them. I have found that they tend to be very light on how much Latakia they use in their blends (that I have tried). At first I was trying to compare it to the "Black Arrow" blend, but at least with that blend I was able to taste individual flavors other than sweet...

It arrived semi-moist, no drying time was needed. Was able to light this without issue and stayed lit without any problem. I did not have any tounge-bite with this blend.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob