A unique blend of various Virginias and delicious black Cavendish. A real crowd-pleaser.

Notes: Choctaw was originally Cherokee #1. About 20 years ago, Cherokee #2 was rebranded "Cherokee" and Cherokee #1 was renamed "Choctaw". There was a Cherokee #3, but a key blending ingredient for that tobacco was discontinued. Cherokee and Choctaw are very similar, but smokers tend to think of Choctaw as stronger due to the different Virginia tobaccos and proportions.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Taste
Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (293)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This gets branded as an aromatic but its not a GOOPY mess without any flavor.

This is the strongest of the three Indians (Cherokee, Indian Outlaw, and Choctaw) and has a stronger tobacco flavor than Cherokee which to my taste is def an Aromatic first and has less tobacco taste.

The flavors I get are bakery notes along the cocoa side of things. The virginia comes through with tobacco taste which keeps it interesting. Room note is wife approved even though she prefers the smell of Cherokee.

Pairs great with your morning coffee or a Stout in the evening.

Pipe Used: cobs to meerschaum to brairs

Age When Smoked: fresh to one year

Purchased From: The Country Squire

Similar Blends: The Country Squire Tobacconist - Indian Outlaw, The Country Squire Tobacconist - Cherokee .

Phillip Ellis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Phillip Ellis (14)

John David Cole of the country squire continues a legacy started by the Reeves family. Some of their blends date back to the original owner and this is one of them. This is a staple aromatic blend that will not goop up your pipe and leave your hands feeling like glue. The flavor is very pleasant and its easy on the mouth. If you are looking for a nice blend to start on or an all day smoke that your significant other will adore give it a try.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob & Comoys

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: TCS

Similar Blends: Lane 1Q.

pmonroeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pmonroeb (13)

So Aromatics…

Like so many pipesters of what I call “real” tobaccos, I have tried to find an aromatic I can deal with for social settings. Recently I saw the name Country Squire and wondered if it was the same one my college roommate frequented. After looking up the website I remembered he liked Cherokee and shared it with me. That was 45 years, so I made an order of 5 of their aromatics. Choctaw came much too wet for me as I like my tobacco on the dry side. Left it sitting in a bowl literally for 2 weeks and it was still very wet to the touch. Clearly some kind of glycerin in it. I live in a humid climate. I finally nuked it in the microwave for a number of 15 second cycles. That got the job done. At that point it was a very satisfying smoke. Almost exactly what I remember. Good natural tobacco flavor with some topping. I would never put this in one of my top brand pipes, so I have several lower grade Savinellis set aside for this. Per the Squire website, Choctaw is a little stronger than Cherokee. Very satisfying as aromatics go.

Pipe Used: Savinelli