Forums

The Death of Anothe...

Notifications
Clear all

The Death of Another Local Blend

Nick R
Topic starter
Noble Member

I went to restock one of my longtime favorites, Mithril, at the shop today. I have been out for a while and was looking forward to my old friend. I haven't purchased any in about a year, when I bought a couple pounds. This time, there was very little stock and Lane blends were mixed in everywhere. They only had one 2oz bag of Mithril. The label was different- no big deal labels change. The cut was different- it was a very thin cut instead of the nice ribbons it used to be. The smell was different- the wonderful fig notes were absent. Oh well, I tried to convince myself that I was just being silly and soon I would be enjoying a great smoke. I lit a bowl- no fig here either and no trace of Dark Fired mixing with the carmel to create the almost coffee effect that I so loved. I did however taste vanilla and sweetness. Have you figured out where this is going? I suspect that I was smoking 1Q that came with a Mithril label. I don't know how long ago this changed but it extremely disappointing to see yet another shop go to calling 1Q by another name rather than peddling their own unique house blend. I wonder if true house blends will be joining the dinosaurs in the very near future. 😭

5 Replies
Relight
Noble Member

It's really poor to switch up an existing blend like that. 

1 Reply
Nick R

Noble Member

It saddened me greatly. Especially as how I have hyped it on this forum and in person. I loved Mithril. The only way to have it again may be to recreate it myself.

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

When I ordered Mithril some months back on your suggestion, I received a quarter pound of it. What I received is definitely not 1Q. It’s good, but it didn’t captivate me, so I’ve only smoked a few bowls from it. If you would like it, I could send it to you. 

2 Replies
Nick R

Noble Member

You are generous as always. I would love what may be the last bit of Mithril out there. I just got some Gawith Hogarth Dark Flake. Its a bit strong for me. Trade?

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Deal!

target="_blank"