Forums

About those fountai...

Notifications
Clear all

About those fountain pens...

Deckard Cain
Topic starter
Trusted Member

A month or so ago, I saw a post with a discussion about a particular brand of fountain pen.  But I cant find the thread now.

I grade a lot of tests and quizzes, and i use a fountain pen because they are easy on my carpal tunnel.  But I want a new one!  I want one of those pens that Greywoodie collects!

What are they called?  Whats the best place to buy them?  

5 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Illustrious Member

On the first page, about three posts down from the top of the “Show Us Your Newest Pipe” thread there is a brief discussion of fountain pens, don’t know if that’s what you’re referring to. 

I generally only use vintage/antique ones myself and more often dip pens than fountain pens. But I do have a Pilot Namiki that is a nice writer. 

Gouletpens.com is a great place to browse fountain pens btw. 

Sir Otter
Reputable Member

I have a Pelikan fountain pen that I enjoy very much.

My hobby is woodworking and one of the things I make is pens. All types and materials. I've attempted to attach a couple photos but for some reason they will not load.   ???

Singed
Eminent Member

I own several..Parker, Schaeffer, Waterman all in my collection. I find the nib is a much better guage of a pen's utility than any specific maker. I favour medium steel nibs. My favourite pen is a Waterman with a refillable piston bladder.

If you are a collector, Monte Blanc is a prestige pen maker with a long history. It is easy to spend over $1500 on a MB, they are beautiful instruments. I own none.  😪 

1 Reply
Singed

Eminent Member

That's Montblanc, my mistake.

target="_blank"