Toscano Maestro Pip...

Notifications
Clear all

Toscano Maestro Pipe Tobaccos Available 1/30/24

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

I see that three C&D made Toscano pipe tobaccos are being released on Tuesday, January 30 in the US.

From the release info-

“Italian brand Toscano is best known for their "cheroots," fermented cigars that are made from American and Italian Dark-Fired Kentucky tobaccos. Now, in collaboration with Cornell & Diehl, Toscano presents the famously bold flavor of their cigars across the Maestro series of pipe tobacco blends.”

I’m somewhat curious. 

1706231513-IMG_5393.jpeg
10 Replies
nach0
Famed Member

Wow.... toscanos are the cigar i like. Tocanellos also. Really interesting release from C&D.

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Very interesting offer. Maybe it will be available in Europe.

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Toscano cigars are known in Spain as "Mata mosquitos" Mosquitoes killer.

3 Replies
nach0

Famed Member

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

nach0

Famed Member

here in brazil we call 'mata rato' (mouse killer) the poor quality cigarette hahahahaha

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

Same in Spain "Mata ratas". Rat killer. This is also applied to the worst quality spirits.

Ok the name says Toscano but in reading everything I could find nothing says that anything to do with their cigars is in the blend. 

3 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I noticed that too. I kept seeing descriptions that were like “in the spirit of” etc. I get the impression that these are just totally new blends, all English blends at that, rather than versions of their cigar blends modified for a pipe, but I have yet to smoke them. It turned me off to even trying them right now. 

nach0

Famed Member

You have a point here.... but i´m thinking also they probably consider toscanos as dark fired, and considering the 3 blends ares based on dark fired tobaccos it can explain the association.

I’ve been told that there are no cigar tobaccos in these blends. Heavy in DFK which is used to make Toscano cigars. I smoked Sinfonia yesterday and it was quite nice. The Turkish Latakia is very good, very different from the Cyprian previously used in C&D blends. And in a ver good way. 

target="_blank"