Forums

SPC Plum Pudding Ci...

Notifications
Clear all

SPC Plum Pudding Cigars

Topic starter
Eminent Member

This sounds really great! Coming out mid-August

https://halfwheel.com/seattle-pipe-club-gets-into-cigars-with-plum-pudding-special-reserve/425571/#:~:text=Plum%20Pudding%20Special%20Reserve%20is,Nica%20S.A.%20in%20Estel%C3%AD%2C%20Nicaragua.

Anyone try one at the 2023 PCA Convention & Trade Show??

11 Replies
CRASHtheGREY
Reputable Member

I was lucky enough to try them for my podcast. I am not a big cigar guy, but this was pretty amazing. 

1 Reply
Casey Smith

Estimable Member

I'm with you! Not really into cigars but, I would definitely get into them if this is the direction they are going! Cheers!

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I’m definitely ordering some, they just sound way too interesting to pass on!

1 Reply
CRASHtheGREY

Reputable Member

@ted you will not regret it, in my opinion.

Trusted Member

Huh. A guy at work is starting to come over from pipes. Depending on what those sticks end up selling for, that might make a nice gift. 

Old Tom
Trusted Member

Latakia cigars? Sign me up!
Side note: I have had DFK cigars and loved them, particularly the Drew Estate Swamp Rat. I love that extra smoky, barbecue-like flavor. I'd like to see a wider variety of tobaccos used in cigar-making.

BriarBerg

I sampled one some months back and really enjoyed it, though if I remember correctly, they may have still been playing with how to ratio the tobaccos, so not sure if what I had was the final product, but I'll be excited to try it when it comes out regardless. 

BriarBerg

These were pushed back a bit. Pipe tobacco + cigar = a lot of trial and error to get that burn right! But it was done and they went live yesterday. I wrote about the project and gave some tasting notes in the TobaccoPipes blog: Introducing the Plum Pudding Cigar from Seattle Pipe Club

1710850842-ppcigar3.png
2 Replies
nach0

Famed Member

Wish i can put my hands on some in the near future.

Ithian

Estimable Member

Instead of a wrapper at first I thought that was a tin in comparison. I was like man those are HUGE!!!

Nick R
Noble Member

How intriguing......I may have to try.

target="_blank"