Gambler pipe tobacco is a straightforward American blend that is made from top of the line burley and Virginia tobaccos, among other fine quality tobaccos from around the world. This brand is extremely affordable.

BrandGambler
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
Packaging16 ounce pouch
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full, Overwhelming
Very Pleasant, Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong, Very Strong, Extra Strong
1.8
Marshall Smith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Smith (5)
Medium None Detected Overwhelming Extra Strong

Gambler is a perfect name for this tobacco because that exactly what your doing if you buy this and you will lose this gamble. To be honest I would rather smoke fescue than this.

Pipe Used: Corn Cobb & cheap briar

Purchased From: Walmart

DakotaHale43 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DakotaHale43 (47)
Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Tolerable to Strong

This isn't pipe tobacco - this is cheap cigarette tobacco branded as pipe tobacco for tax purposes. The only tobacco flavor is pushed out from all of the chemicals that they use to process it, good for cigarettes I suppose, but not for the pipe smoker.

LJ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LJ (1)
Medium to Strong None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

I like this product, I've rolled my own for 30 years, and for the price, this product is top notch, let's face it, cigarettes taste like crap, and are a waste of money, and are gonna kill us, but we were stupid enough to start smoking, and are still doing it..so , that being said, Gambler is alright and I will continue to purchase this fine product, all you people whining about quality , stems etc , move on..I like smoking, especially for around a hundred dollars a YEAR, than 7 or 8 dollars a pack.. let's roll people!!!

Pipe Used: hand roll

Purchased From: store

Similar Blends: Cigarette - Winston, Loose tobacco - bugler.

HlDamron Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HlDamron (1)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Strong

This used to be a great bag for rolling cigarettes. They have went downhill exponentially. The bags are full of stems, large, medium, small and tiny. It is impossible to get all of the stems out. The tubes....well...half of them are too small for a cigarette roller. I originally thought I had warped my roller but then the other half of the box fit perfectly. Now, every box I get, some fit, some are just a hair to small. I'm ready to move on to another brand and I suggest you do the same.

Pipe Used: None

Purchased From: Every tobacco store in Southwest Va

Similar Blends: Marlboro Red.

wintermute Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wintermute (88)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

Most tobaccos in this genre are just cigarette tobacco re-cut. The result often yields a flavor of hay stuffed into your bowl. This brand is Burley-Forward. Now, when you open the bag the tobacco is quite dry. I needed to re-hydrate the stuff to work in my cob properly. It lights well and does produce a good amount of smoke. The taste is earthy and smooth. there is some citrus from the Virginia tobacco that is present, but the star is the Burley. The nicotine level seems okay. The room aroma is that of dark leaf and will not win any friends. Even hydrated, it does burn a little fast. The difference is I usually get a 25 minute smoke from this cob and this smoke is about 20 minutes. The ash is fine and jumps out of the bowl. The flavor stays the same down to the bottom. All in all, a good smoke. The price helps too. With a lot of the Codger blends I like in danger of disappearing, and others going for up to $50.00 a tub, I am on the look-out for a reasonably priced daily Burley. I am not saying this quite fills the bill, but this is one of my favorites from this genre. As I continue to search for that reasonably price codger blend, I will definitely keep this one in mind, especially at such a great price.

Pipe Used: Diamond Dagner corn cob

Purchased From: https://www.smokersoutletonline.com/

Similar Blends: Cherokee Red, 4 Aces Red, Value Pipe Blend Yellow (much stronger, but similar in taste).