The ultimate tobacco for the smoker with a passion for chocolate. This blend is a pleasing mixture of burley, Virginia, and flavored black tobacco sure to please any chocoholic.

Blended ByCarl McAllister
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate
Strength
Taste

3.6
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

You can taste a little of the nuttiness, earth and wood from the burley, a little grass and hint of citrus from the Virginia. The sugary, lightly vanila-ish black cavendish is the most obvious tobacco. The varietals are mostly sublimated by the rich chocolate topping. It lacks the syrupy taste of many chocolate blends, and there's not a hint of chemicals, either. The strength is in the center of mild to medium, while the taste is a step past that mark. Hardly has any nicotine. Won't bite or get harsh. Burns clean and cool at a reasonable pace with a very consistent sweetly smooth flavor that translates to the pleasantly, short lived after taste and room note. Leaves little moisture in the bowl with hardly a relight. There are blends with a stronger chocolate topping, but this is fairly rich without overwhelming your senses. A comfortable all day smoke.

-JimInks

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (117)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

One of the best pouch notes - EVER! I had to think whether to smoke it or eat it! So I smoked it and found the taste defies the pouch note. The chocolate is not overwhelming but is a nice compliment to the smoking experience. Typical Sutliff quality tobacco packs well, stays lit, no bite. a good morning smoke!

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

FudloeZ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FudloeZ (1)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was looking for a replacement for Rocky Patel Prohibition Rich & Warm which was my favorite blend and was also abruptly discontinued. (I am a proud, strict aromatic smoker and love chocolate blends and I'll fight any man who judges me! I get my straight tobacco flavors from my cigars, so I am secure in my masculinity.) After languishing over reviews, I finally pulled the trigger on the Sutliff Chocolate Supreme.

Although not at all the same experience, I believe I've found a contender. The tin note, although fairly strong, is not the powerful cocoa of the RP, rather a potent, yet subtle- near coconut/cocoa butter.

Moisture upon opening the bag was ideal. Moist enough, but not damp, dry enough, but not tinder.

Char light/tamp/light- it burns coolly and slowly. It could do with a tad more Cavendish, but it is sufficiently sweet. The chocolate flavor is present, but not as much so as the RP. Something I assumed would put me off, but after several bowls, I believe I enjoy the subtle flavor more. (But I'll still chuck hard earned cash at Rocky should they bring Rich & Warm back!).

No bite, but after a few hasty bowl in a row while paying attention to chores instead of my pipe, I ALMOST got a hint of tongue burn. Giving myself a little time between bowls like a reasonable person has prevented any recurrence of nearly feeling said burn.

I got a distinct tobacco note that the RP lacked, as well and found it to be extremely complimentary to the topping, with neither being overpowering and rather well balanced.

Lots of nice, creamy smoke, no aftertaste (another thing I hadn't noticed about the RP), burns to the bottom with little or no moisture.

The room note is absolutely delightful and has my household in a very pleasant mood as a result. Which is a nice change...

I am very satisfied with this smoke and although I haven't completely ended my search for perfect chocolate blend, this is, as I said, a contender! (Good thing, too. Because I mistakenly ordered a pound of it!)

If you liked RP Prohibition Rich & Warm, I think you'd do well to give Chocolate Supreme a go.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Royalton Smooth

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: Rocky Patel Prohibition Rich & Warm.

StevieB (1919)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Sutliff Tobacco Co. - Chocolate Supreme D54.

This is my Aromatic Sunday choice, and a rather nice choice it is!

Quite a coarse blend with more brown than black pieces. Like Bbrown626 said, the pouch note is heavenly! My moisture can't be faulted.

Although the smoke has plenty of chocolate in it, it isn't too sticky. The lesser amount of black Cavendish in comparison to the Burley and Virginia helps this situation; I get the most alacrity from the Burley, this is the leading tobacco. The Virginia's present, although, not as forthright as the Burley. It burns independently, requiring hardly any maintenance. D54 isn't one to issue a bite.

Nicotine: quite mild. Room-note: sublime.

Chocolate Supreme? A very good aromatic. Four stars:

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum Claw

Purchased From: TobaccoPipes.com

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (88)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Wow, I'm only the second reviewer of this excellent blend. I'm a chocoholic, so this might not be a fair review. But I really like this stuff. This stuff is a semi-sweet chocolate flavor. But it really sneaks up on you. Puff it slowly, and it absolutely shines. I've tried other chocolate blends, and wasn't very impressed by them, but this one really delivers.

Pipe Used: Calabrese Apple