A Virginia/Perique flake.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blend TypeOther
ContentsPerique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Jorge Soler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jorge Soler (160)
Mild None Detected Medium Tolerable

Unless new information is available, so far as I know, this tobacco is yet to be produced on a market scale. I had my sample from Gawith Hoggarth's sales representative Iain Hurst himself at the Nottingham Pipe Show celebrated in the Canal House this year. He would not share any info on what type of Virginia leaf or what ratios, I must say, but my guess is it contains a fair amount of bright virginia and about 10/15% perique. The taste profile got a nice tang to it that has been nicely paired with the spicy notes coming from the perique. Not a nicotine bomb by any stretch of the imagination, but its flake form and slow burning properties means it will leave you satisfied in the long run. I think it is important to mention Gawith Hogarth has already got a similar perique flake (Louisiana Perique Flake) in the market, but this one has got no casing in it. I understand this is to cater for that fraction of the market not so keen on Lakeland type tobaccos, which is something I have a soft spot for, but I am rather pleased with this presentation. I only hope it creates enough interest to mass produce it. Highly recommended.