A choice pairing with your mid-morning meal. Second Breakfast has soft hints of everything you would expect from your second meal of the day: notes of buttery cake and maple syrup, with a savory vanilla finish.

Toasted Cavendish mix with a variety of Virginias with cased and natural sweetness to combine for a rich but complex smoking experience. Flavorful with a pleasant room note, while still kind to the mouth.

Notes: Founded by Jim and Gwen Reeves in August of 1970, The Country Squire has been a Mississippi fixture and mainstay for over 40 years. As Mississippi's oldest tobacconist, we feature over 20 unique and interesting house pipe tobacco blends. Released 2013.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringMaple, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
3.7
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The black cavendish offers a mild brown sugariness that enhances the very lightly applied vanilla topping. The Virginias are a little grassy with some citrus and earth as a supporting player. The cavendish style processing as well as the rich maple topping sublimate the tobaccos, but you will notice them to a small degree. The strength is very mild, and the taste is a couple of steps past the mild mark. Has an almost unnoticeable nic-hit. Won’t bite or get harsh. The tobacco is a little moist, but doesn’t need any dry time. Burns at a moderate rate, cool and clean, and is lightly creamy, buttery smooth with a very consistent flavor from top to bottom. Requires a minimum amount of relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. Has a pleasant after taste, though it doesn’t last long. An easy going all day smoke that won’t burn you out on it as you go about your business.

-JimInks

jcoope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jcoope (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have tried several tobaccos from The Country Squire. Most flavorings are subtle. This is a good thing. You get to taste the flavor of the tobacco along with the casing. Greate all day smoke with no bite.

Pipe Used: Peterson 01 system, cob

Purchased From: The Country Squire

wbradk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wbradk (16)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A really nice blend that reminded me in some respects of Autumn Evening, another one of my favorites. The density of the flavor is about the same; just right. Like that classic concoction, Second Breakfast is mellow and renders a relaxing, rewarding experience. Very pleasant. I have had good luck with everything that I have tried from The Country Squire, and this is certainly no exception. I have come to the belief that their blenders knows their business. Very good!

Pipe Used: Peterson System

Purchased From: The Country Squire via internet

OffTheBooksBrewing Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OffTheBooksBrewing (5)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Jon David and the rest of the fine folks at the Squire have done it again! As an aromatic fan boy, this blend is everything I look for in a tobacco. It packs and lights easy. It stays lit, taste great and leaves a room note that's out of this world. Order some, you won't be disappointed.

Pipe Used: Briar

Age When Smoked: First night received

Purchased From: The Country Squire

cm1648 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cm1648 (89)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

A pleasant, mellow, aromatic. The blend comes near perfect, which is quite abnormal for an aromatic. It may need a bit of drying out time but I smoked it without any and had no issues.

The natural character of the Virginias (hay, citrus, honey?) is evident, which is saying something for an aromatic. The maple flavor is most prevalent but unlike a blend like Autumn Evening, it isnt dominating and blends well with the vanilla.

I'm not an aromatic smoker but I purchased the Middle Earth sampler pack from the Squire for youtube channel reviews (https://www.youtube.com/user/cm1648). So with that said, I am quite pleased with Second Breakfast. I can't say it makes the cut for a rotation blend, but it is one of the top aromatics I have smoked. 6.8/10

Similar Blends: A mix of C&D Autumn Evening and GL Pease Virginia Cream.

Wiz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wiz (9)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I’ve been thinking about this tobacco for around a year now. I love maple flavor, but, my experience with C&D Autumn Evening made me hesitant to try another. Don’t get me wrong, Autumn Evening is nice, just not what I was looking for. I shouldn’t have waited, as all my maple desires are met here, Second Breakfast is excellent. Mild in strength, it’s got a very natural, almost delicate maple flavor that doesn’t overpower your mouth. Easy smoking, easy to pack, and stays lit quite well. The room note is exceptional, it really does smell like pancakes. Grab a coffee, I recommend a double double, pack up a bowl, and sit back and enjoy your second breakfast. I’ll be buying more.

Pipe Used: Several