Toasted Cavendish mix with a variety of Virginias with cased and natural sweetness to combine for a rich but complex smoking experience. Flavorful with a pleasant room note, while still kind to the mouth.

Notes: Founded by Jim and Gwen Reeves in August of 1970, The Country Squire has been a Mississippi fixture and mainstay for over 40 years. As Mississippi's oldest tobacconist, we feature over 20 unique and interesting house pipe tobacco blends. Released 2013.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringMaple, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
3.6
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The black cavendish offers a mild brown sugariness that enhances the very lightly applied vanilla topping. The Virginias are a little grassy with some citrus and earth as a supporting player. The cavendish style processing as well as the rich maple topping sublimate the tobaccos, but you will notice them to a small degree. The strength is very mild, and the taste is a couple of steps past the mild mark. Has an almost unnoticeable nic-hit. Won’t bite or get harsh. The tobacco is a little moist, but doesn’t need any dry time. Burns at a moderate rate, cool and clean, and is lightly creamy, buttery smooth with a very consistent flavor from top to bottom. Requires a minimum amount of relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. Has a pleasant after taste, though it doesn’t last long. An easy going all day smoke that won’t burn you out on it as you go about your business.

-JimInks

OffTheBooksBrewing Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OffTheBooksBrewing (5)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Jon David and the rest of the fine folks at the Squire have done it again! As an aromatic fan boy, this blend is everything I look for in a tobacco. It packs and lights easy. It stays lit, taste great and leaves a room note that's out of this world. Order some, you won't be disappointed.

Pipe Used: Briar

Age When Smoked: First night received

Purchased From: The Country Squire

jcoope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jcoope (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have tried several tobaccos from The Country Squire. Most flavorings are subtle. This is a good thing. You get to taste the flavor of the tobacco along with the casing. Greate all day smoke with no bite.

Pipe Used: Peterson 01 system, cob

Purchased From: The Country Squire

wbradk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wbradk (13)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A really nice blend that reminded me in some respects of Autumn Evening, another one of my favorites. The density of the flavor is about the same; just right. Like that classic concoction, Second Breakfast is mellow and renders a relaxing, rewarding experience. Very pleasant. I have had good luck with everything that I have tried from The Country Squire, and this is certainly no exception. I have come to the belief that their blenders knows their business. Very good!

Pipe Used: Peterson System

Purchased From: The Country Squire via internet

Mork Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mork (72)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Second Breakfast, The Country Squire

Description: A choice pairing with your mid-morning meal. Second Breakfast has soft hints of everything you would expect from your second meal of the day: notes of buttery cake and maple syrup, with a savory vanilla finish.

Discussion:

Vanilla, maple, brown sugar, poured over a pound cake and stuff in your pipe. Not a hint of tobacco to be found in this blend, but that’s ok. Slight bit of lemon zest. No goop, no chemical bite, tastes as good as it smells. A high quality American aromatic.

I’m really impressed with this blend overall. It seems to be the one that tipped me over the edge of “Christ, OK, I guess I’ll give this next aromatic a try” to “Gee, I wonder what this one is going to be like” with genuine interest. I like the layers of flavor in this. I like that it’s easy to smoke and smells genuinely good. I like the name. Pretty much I like this tobacco.

Which, OK, the VA snob in me wants to put tobacco in quotes, because really it’s just a vanilla pound cake with maple syrup poured over it in the bowl. This is pretty far from tobacco in the sense of my ancient VAs or the latakia hound’s deep dark blends. Or, god forbid, the picayune smokers. But it has its place in the pipe. It surely does.

As with most things aromatic, I think I would smoke this a lot more if I were an indoor smoker or was consistently around people while I smoked. As it stands I get to be off by myself 99% of the time, outside, so it doesn’t have to smell good. But this, this does, with a taste to match.

Rating: Good.