Peterson The Royal Yacht

(3.00)
Truly a luxurious tobacco. Virginias are carefully conditioned to ensure sweetness. They are added to rich, heavier and cooler Virginias. A unique flavor is added to the final blend to enhance the subtle and piquant aroma.
Notes: Pure shade grown Virginias, very soft smoking, particularly recommended in cases of delicate throat. -1917 Lemon and bronze Virginia leaves are carefully conditioned and are added to rich heavy body Virginias, a unique flavour is added to the final blend. -1985 Formerly known as a Dunhill blend, it now sports the Peterson brand.

Details

Packaging 50 grams tin
Country Denmark
Production Currently available

Profile

Strength
Strong

Extremely Mild -> Overwhelming

None Detected -> Extra Strong

Unnoticeable -> Overwhelming
Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

3.00 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 31 - 40 of 49 Reviews
Jul 23, 2008 Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong
There are 2 Dunhills I have not liked. This is one of them. I didn't realize this would be so sweet! I could not get through a bowl in 3 attempts. Maybe I am selling this short, I just couldn't get into the flavor, sweetness or the room note. I even let it sit from December through July to see if it would mellow out. It didn't. I gave it away to a friend who really is enjoying it. I think he has a sweet tooth! The tobacco looks nice. It seems to be of high quality, just tasted soaked in sugar to me. I have since found the Tobacco Reviews website and am more careful before trying new tobacco. I try to get an overall about a blend before I decide to try. I hope this helps somebody....
Jan 09, 2008 Strong Medium Full Tolerable
Supposedly a classic so bought a tin. Was't impressed. Too sweet and did not like the room note. From the reviews, I see that there are many fans of this blend. For me, it was an experience that I won't repeat. Did not even finish the tin. I am sure that those that like Virginans like this...I very much liked McClelland's Christmas Blend 2007 but felt this was not at that level. Don't know really what it was but did not do it for me.
Nov 16, 2007 Medium to Strong Mild Mild Tolerable
Once I jumped on the Royal Yacht I was hoping for a pleasant cruise through the smokey ether of the evening. Instead I realized I was on a dingy with a leak in the middle of the ocean...hopefully the sharks will save me soon. This stuff is just plain yuck! It doesn't taste like any other Va I have tried...which in itself is not a bad thing, but unfortunately it tastes like a crappy Va I have never tried before.
Oct 27, 2005 Strong Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable to Strong
I see from entries above that this weed has recieved mixed reviews. I just bought my first tin of Royal Yaht and upon opening I found it to have an astonishing tin note, very delicious Virginian ribbon cut tobacco, both rich and dark colored. I smoked two bowls back to back. The first was in a pipe I keep in my usual rotation_ a Savanelli Autograph that I smoke without the filter. The smoke was delightful, I kept my draft slow and was rewarded with a plesent smoking experience. For the first third of the bowl the nicotine presence was not as strong as the last portion and towards the end of the bowl I inhaled and wow it was a great deep nicotine splash that I wont say was unplesant. Which was likewise found in the second bowl. The second bowl I smoked was a Jirsa that I do not smoke so often but love the pipe nonetheless. The experience was much like the first and at the end of the bowl there was very little left. Naught but ash that I stirred up a bit and shook to add a layer of cake. I think that this blend is one that I will smoke often, giving it the usual light draft that I give to all my blends.

Updated Post October 26, 2005-

What in gods name was I thinking? I have revisited this blend on several different occasions since I finished off my first tin of this blend- No thank you. Not for me. Please forgive my change in recommendation.
Aug 19, 2004 Very Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable
This is one of those blends that over the past twenty-plus years I keep trying once in awhile just to see if my opinion has changed. Well...it hasen't, I still can't stand it. I cannot put my finger on what it is. Maybe the flavouring just hits me the wrong way. I know it isn't the nicotine strength, since my regular choices are mainly from G&H and Peretti's. Maybe it is time to just "let go" and stop trying to like this blend. C'est la vie.
Jun 09, 2003 Very Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable
I first tried Royal Yacht about 15 years ago, and did not care for it back then. Then just to be sure I wanted to give it a fair chance and I bought another tin with the same results. They do have the wording correct though, "A Unique Smoking Mixture" I figure these are the sweepings off the floor from all their other blends. Sorry I do not care for it at all
Jan 30, 2002 Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable
This is perhaps one of my least favorite tobaccos on the market. It smokes a little hot and has an indescribeable taste which I despise. I have nothing else to say here.
Jun 28, 2013 Strong Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant
I like the taste and smell of this quite a bit, but it bites my tongue so bad I can't smoke it without letting my mouth heal for a day or so afterwards. I think this is a personal thing though, I get tongue bite pretty easily it seems. The stuff about the nicotine is true, knocks my head off and I've been a dipper and a cigarette smoker in my day. Not to mention trying hookah for awhile, which about makes me sick from the nicotine.
Jul 05, 2008 Very Strong None Detected Full Unnoticeable
This tobacco doesn't satisfy me. Too much strong for my taste.
Feb 26, 2008 Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable
I think Russell, tonyg and Ol'BlueSmoke have summed up this one the best. I only wish I had discovered this website before buying this overpriced tin. All I can add is my personal experience. Way too dry. So dry I questioned whether or not the seal had been broken while this sat around collecting dust. My first impression upon opening was cheap, old cigarette rolling tobacco. Not much taste. Very uninspiring. Only positive is that it contains nicotine.

target="_blank"