Peterson Nutty Cut

(2.72)
A mixture of golden, red and dark Virginia tobaccos blended with burley and black cavendish. Enhanced with flavourings of Macadamia nuts, coconut and rum.
Notes: Due to EU regulations, this is renamed and sold in those countries as "Special Cut".

Details

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.72 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 41 - 50 of 72 Reviews
Jan 12, 2016 Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
I was a little bit sceptical about the coconut, but I gave it a try. It was worth it. This is a very tasty and nice tobacco. The aromas are not overwhelming, rum and macadamia rule, and coconut is just... there. No artificial feeling, they all feel natural, and go together really well (and not as girly as they sound). I loved it straight from the tin, though I found the taste just a little bit mellow, and I could imagine some more nutty and earthy taste, and also wanted to add some creamy texture to the smoke- so I made a little experiment: I added some Original Choice (MB). And there it was. Just what I wanted. The mixture made both tobacco's best qualities just a bit louder.

I always have a little leftover from Original Choice, as Mac Baren provides it in a pouch only, and about 20-25% of the pouch breaks to small grains. And this is just a perfect way to use these leftovers. Nutty Cut comes in big cut, so I can start stuffing with those, they fill the bottom of my pipe nicely. And then I start adding Original Choice (10-20% only). I finish with Original Choice (small grains to the top), and voila.

It became a habit. The smoke has a more creamy texture, macadamia becomes the protagonist, and all tastes go stronger. I strongly recommend a try.

And I also recommend Nutty Cut to beginners. It is easy to light, and maintain, has no tongue bite, it is mild, yet it has a very pleasant aroma "without an effort".
Pipe Used: Capitol, Savinelli
Age When Smoked: fresh from the tin
Dec 26, 2015 Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
It is a decent aromatic. Cut is little messy, but burns suprisingly easy, clean and cooly. It is nutty, but not dry hazelnut/walenut nutty but rather sweet coconut plus rum. I dislike a bit of cigarettes type of smoke. I belive it can be satisfying for many pipe smokers, quality is very good, I can recommend it, but if it is your type of aroma. It is not mine. I can smoke it occasionaly but I will never buy another tin, so my rating is 2/4
Dec 10, 2015 Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
I had high hopes for this one, but it turned out te be a disappointment. The sticky casing leaves a nasty aftertaste and sets the tongue on fire. Even after drying it out for a week, the tobacco was utterly unsmokable for me. The pain lasted for more than two days. In the bin!
Oct 18, 2015 Medium Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable
Not my favourite and was expecting more varied tones of various nuts throughout the smoke however the taste is constant and unchanging.

Having said that it has grown on me towards the end of the tin.

I wouldn't purchase it again but would recommend anyone to try and see if you like it....as I've said I like it but so many more tobaccos to try before I end up buying this one again.
Pipe Used: Peterson Aran 80s
PurchasedFrom: mysmokingshop.co.uk
Age When Smoked: 3 weeks
Feb 12, 2015 Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable
I love buying new tins its all about change and what i fancy a bit of at any given time. I smoke the pipe for flavour and pleasure. As long as I get a moderate dose of vitaminK Im happy. OK nuff said about my stance.

I got a tin of nutty cut I had great expectations. I love rum I love coconut and have eaten macademia nut tho they are not that common place in the uk midlands. In short all tin blurb was my bag.

I open the tin pull the papers back take a good hoot and well very sweet and fruity. If I looked hard prehaps a boozy rumesque kind of boff. Nutty it was not.

Well tin sniffers are like tyre kickers so on my way home stuffed a bowel in my best smoker and lit up. Did nothing but light and smoke. Just like it should but no nic hit no warmth no pleasure. It was like a sick joke something was wrong. How folks have said it burns hot or bites i dont know.

The smoke was tasteless and cold something chemical was taking place I was hooting it as hard as I could but the smoke was cold on my pallette. The pipe was cherry red in the bowel and the vapour as it was not smoke was cold. I gave up tooting half way home and when in my smoking jacket slippers and best armchair sat back.

Just the same thing happened. I scooped the bowel and gave up. Sad thing was it clung in my mouth forever my mouth was cold like menthol and no other baccy tasted good. In short it ruined a good nights smoking. I brushed my teeth and drank some cola to clense my mouth but it hung on.

The tin note is pleasant but not nutty the smells do not translate to smoke and the smoke is plain wierd. Great for some but not for me at all. I like traditional and aromatic with no bias either way. To scared to try it again lifes to short to suffer. No points this time peterson. Even lovers of this blend say the taste is way off description. WHAT GIVES. I tried sunset breeze which is a similar smoke the base baccy about the same. I had similar results however the almond came through.
PurchasedFrom: lands stratford upon avon
Dec 21, 2014 Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant
This is the "DeLuxe Mixture" on stamina.

Much more flavour, much more pleasure, for the smoker as well as for his neighbourhood.

I love to smoke it before dinner. And, after eating, people often ask me: "why not smoking some more of your tobacco?"

To sum up, this is a great aromatic, which gives pleasure to everyone.
Pipe Used: Peterson Iceberg 1912 "Bow"
May 18, 2014 Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant
The tin note is delicious! The flavor is also nice, the flavor is a little muted compared to the tin note but still there. Unfortunately this blend bit me pretty hard no matter what pipe I smoked it in. And I'm a slow smoker. The flavoring is fantastic but due to the bite I say there are better options out there. Maybe it just doesn't work with my body chemistry who knows...
Apr 05, 2013 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
Nice nutty and sweet flavor, but not cloying sweet. Slow starting but after it gets going, burns nice with no tongue bite. Very pleasant and enjoyable smoke.
Jan 07, 2013 Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant
I'm a big fan of this particular Peterson blend - I find it to taste both coco-nutty and chocolaty which is a delicious combination.

When you open the tin a all empowering aroma becomes evident - reminding me a little of a full bodied fruit wine. It smokes well and the moisture level out of the tin is close to perfect - the guys at Peterson really know what they are doing.
Nov 18, 2012 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
This is a nice aromatic. I think of nothing wrong with it other than its not strong. I like flakes (Orlik, Dunhill Navy Cut, etc). I pick up a bunch of rum and not so much coconut. I enjoy this and as someone said, it's a nice change from the more "serious" tobaks. This is not to say anything negative. All strengths of tobak have a place in the "rotation" (like baseball pitchers). Good stuff here!

target="_blank"