Expertly created by master blenders, a mix of gold Virginias and mellow white burleys. This cavendish-style blend is topped with a subtle mixture of New England and Jamaican rums that proves to be extremely mild, yet very satisfying.

BrandBackwoods
2.2
cedeks Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cedeks (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

If you expect cheap tobacco to be cheap in everything then this is your best choice. Although it starts with good smell and sweet taste, soon you will notice how cheap this tobbacco is. Although you would get tounge bite, it is a dry burn overall. In the end do not expect much from a 40gm of tobacco that you would get for less than 3$.

Olgun Cengiz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Olgun Cengiz (4)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

I really tried to give it a chance. I smoked it several times, with several pipes but honestly it didn't work at all. This is the worst pipe tobacco I've ever smoked. It left an unpleasant taste in my mouth after smoking everytime I tried it. I had to empty my bowl without finishing and I threw the rest out. I definetely don't recommend it to anyone.

Pipe Used: Briar, Small Bowl and Big Bowl

Age When Smoked: 6 months to 1 year

Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

The Virginia is slightly noticeable for its grassiness and citrus notes. The nutty burley is a little more obvious, and is a little sharp. There are two different types of rum. I taste the Jamaican more. Has little nicotine. I suggest smoking at a moderate rate or you risk a little bite because it can burn fast. The flavor is fairly smooth without any hot or harsh spots, unless you puff real fast. Needs an average number of relights. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl. Lacks depth to be rated higher. Sold in several places under different names.

-JimInks

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28797)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

If you are a fan of mild aromatics, this is for you. I personally prefer a full flavoured English, but I'm trying hard to like aromatics more. The smell is always so lovely in the room!

This tobacco is so mild you might not taste anything at first, but burns long and cool and has a delightful rum scent that whenever I smell it coming from another pipe, I always want to smoke it.

I had a bit of a stuffy nose the first time I smoked this blend and honestly thought it wasn't lit because I couldn't taste a thing. Since my cold has cleared up, I've noticed it does have a pleasantly mild taste of gold Virginia. It gets approval from the wife to smoke indoors as well, which is a plus because she is not a fan of my English blends, and it's getting cold out there...

I'd like to know exactly what they mean by 'all natural', but if there are chemicals and additives in this tobacco other than the rum I can't detect them.

All in all, a decent mild smoke.

StevieB (1911)

Backwoods - Natural Buttered Rum.

I wouldn't label it Ribbon, Coarse Cut would be more applicable. Being as it's a VaBur blend it's presented as a mixture of browns, with a few yellow pieces. My moisture looked impeccable, and the smell isn't as I'd expect from a rum aromatic; it isn't sharp, acerbic, or cutting. Instead there's a kind of caramel-sweetness to the rum.

Igniting my bowl, loaded from a freshly opened pouch, was a doddle. And, straight away, I enjoy what I've chosen for my Sunday Aromatic. The rum addition lacks much piquancy, and is comforting and caramel-sweet; like the pouch note implied. I get much more Burley than Virginia. The Burley is easily the 'driving force'. I get a reliable burn, and a cool temperature smoke. I don't find it bites.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: nice.

'Buttered Rum? I have no problem recommending it: