Golden red Virginias blended with black Cavendish and gentle cherry extracts create this mild blend.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
2.5
dixondavid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixondavid (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

These beautiful Milan blends require a little finesse to fully appreciate all of their wonderful qualities. Centennial arrived quite moist and so I let it dry beyond what I might usually. A slow, unhurried cadence reveals a subtle but fully rich tobacco flavor along with slight hints of cherry and what I identify as a little cocoa. Soft on the pallete but as I said,rich. The cherry blends in with the other flavors to offer something entirely different from a front and center cherry blend. The room note, though only captured in my senses whilst outdoors fishing, etc, is a thing of wonder. The classic pipe tobacco smell that drew many of us to the hobby. I love everything that I have purchased from Milan and their friendly and prompt service cannot be beat. Highly recommended even for those with barely a passing taste for aromatics.

Pipe Used: Various cobs and briars

Purchased From: Milantobacco.com

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28790)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

I truly wonder if my bag was incorrectly marked, because the description on this page says that Centennial is black cavendish and red VA with cherry extract...and that does NOT accord with the bag I received marked "Centennial." So this review MAY not be of Centennial, but something else mis-marked.

Anyway, whatever I have seems for all the world to be a MM 965 copycat. It's extremely similar.

And I happen not to like 965, which is why I gave both it and this stuff a single star. But, if you give 965 four stars, then you may just give this the same. Maybe I'm off base, but whatever I got just seems an awful lot like it.