Pom Holiday was masterfully created by J.M. in 2009. One of J.M.'s favorite fruit is Pomegranate. J.M. thought last summer, why not a tobacco to enjoy. The blending itself is an art. Harmonizing this tasty Pomegranate fruit with J.M.'s exquisite tobacco formula has made this deliciously mild, yet full of fragrance. It clears the brain and soothes the temper.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
2.9
Kissphantom05 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kissphantom05 (22)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the first Boswell blend I have tried. This tobacco almost forces you to smoke slowly because it will burn a little hot and that affects the taste. Puff slowly and delicately though, and you have a cool mouthful of pomegranate smoke cut with Cavendish that allows for a true relaxing experience. If there are better Boswell tobaccos out there then I am definitely going to be getting some of those.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

All Boswell blends are amazing, but this one is this years holiday 09 blend and I can tell you, if you want a good aromatic without all the sappy fruity nastyness, then you found it... It is a solid and mature smoke with hints of poms of course and a nice room note that is not overpowering like most aromatics. You can't go wrong with this one:-)

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)

A good blend but lacks flavor. It's just ok, nothing special really. Boswell's has other blends that greatly over shadow this one.

Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Not bad...but not great. My real problem with this blend is that it smells nothing like pommegranate, or vanilla for that matter. Room note is pleasent, but not too noticeable. Overall decent for a fruit aromatic though.

Emeritus Account (28783)

I really like this blend, it does not have a lot of kick to it but what is there is pleasant. The only reason I probably would not buy more of this is that Boswell offers other blends that are superior to this so when I order again I will more than likely go with my other favorite blends such as Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, and Raspberry Cream. As far as I am concerned you cannot go wrong with any blend that Boswell offers and their service is second to none which goes a long way with me. Good but not their best.

hwmcadoo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hwmcadoo (3)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Maybe a little subtitle, but great for relaxing, very little bite, burns well, nice flavor. All Boswells are great. No matter what you like one of their blends will be your favorite.

This is a re-review. AFTER SMOKING OTHER Boswell blends I am rating Pom Holiday a three star. It has more bite than any of the other Boswell blends. There are others I like much better. These choices are very personal but I like those with low bite and are cool smoking. I mostly like the aromatics and after years have narrowed my preferences: Bear blend, Chocolate Cream, Berry Blend, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat. Occasionally I like the English blends and like Northwoods, Countryside, Mild English and will try Train Station next. Maybe in a few years I can narrow it down some more. I plan to give No-Bite Delite another try.

The Boswells are remarkable. The people are as nice as you will find anywhere. I no longer try tobaccos from anywhere else as they always disappoint. Boswell can supply one that you like. For the quality the prices are more than fair.

I have several Boswell pipes, a few new, but most from EBay which I have refurbished with reaming, cleaning, sterilizing and polishing. The Boswell pipes smoke as well as pipes costing five times as much. My dog ate one of my Beloved pipes with severe damage. I sent it for repair and it came back like new—amazing.

Another secret is the other pipes sold by Boswell and elsewhere, and that is Missouri Meershaum. I really like these, especially since it appears they have improved the bit which is thinner and wider, with cushions they are very comfortable, are light, inexpensive, easy to break-in—and smoke as well as the Boswells, just not as beautiful. They spare my beautiful Boswells so I can admire and feel these unique, well made pipes.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meershaum

Age When Smoked: 70

Purchased From: MM home site in Missouri

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Oh this could be so darn good if....just a little more taste....please! I like the opening aroma it is just outstanding and if the taste could match the aroma this could be a real winner aromatic. Room note is pretty subdued like the taste. It tends to burn a little hot and bite if not smoked very slow. Boswell makes some damn fine tobacco but this tasty blend just needs much more.....well taste. Smoke it slow and it is enjoyable but not outstanding.

Pipe Used: Boswell weathered stone

Purchased From: www.boswellpipes.com

Similar Blends: Nothing out there I know of taste like this blend.

Autumn joy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Autumn joy (48)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This blend was very so-so. The smell of the tobacco was fruity but smoked very bland. This was just missing a bit more flavor to it. The room note was pleasant but Boswells has better aromatics out there. So off to the cellar with this one hope it gains something overtime but sadly aros tend to lose the love over time.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum

Purchased From: Jm Boswell

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (117)

Had to Have my Boswell Pipe Repaired that fell over the Thanksgiving Weekend. While getting the info from thier webiste. I saw a new additon to thier line PH. So I told told JM along with the repair toss in a 1/2 LB of OM Holiday. Well Glad I did. This Blend is very enjoyable throughout the entire bowl. The Flavor on Pomergranate is there up front. Where it should be. The Blend is consistant throughout the bowl. A very Holiday or Winter Blend. Very Enjoyable through the whole Day of Yard Work. A good Sweet smoke. I will add it to my rotation blends. Stays lit on One Match. Just got to know how to lite a pipe thats all.

Pipe Used: Freehand JM Boswell

Age When Smoked: Aprox 10 Years old

Purchased From: Ebay

Similar Blends: This is a one of a kind blend.