Medium brown, of airy structure and delicate flavor.

Notes: Cut-width: 2.5mm (~0.1 inch)

BrandTorben Dansk
Blended ByDan Tobacco
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Packaging50 grams tin, 250 grams bag
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong

2.3
Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (203)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

This pure Burley is meant for blending, and is part of a whole line of blending tobaccos produced by DTM under the trade mark Torben Dansk.

I casually met it at a specialized tobacconist near Venice, and instantly decided that it was time to taste how the pure Burley is: a bit disappointingly experience, indeed. Just after three bowls in different pipes I understand that smoking it plain is a perfect non-sense.

The weed is a medium ribbon cut, medium brown colour. The tin smells of good natural tobacco having lightly sweet and chocolatey notes, very promisingly ! At the touch the weed is very soft and velvety, but not wet at all.

At the first charring light, I immediately realized this guy is needing very slow and short puffing to avoid an unpleasantly bitter smoke. I also found myself thinking this Burley is actually very similar to the Kentucky I'm used with the italians Comune and Forte, just a bit mellower and more refined (and pricey !).

The strenght starts from medium and ends into the strong side. The body is a bit weak, the flavour steadily in the earthy, cigarish, chocolatey territory of a plain Burley. Unavoidable boredom. Smokes dry - I mean very dry - till the end, leaving a fluffy ash.

Smoking this tobacco was really worth my experience, now I better understand how people like McBarens are doing their job over their Burley based products for having the best shining out. Regarding the remainder of the tin, I will start soon playing with home blendings, its primary scope indeed.

Two stars for stand-alone-use, I will tell You further.

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (324)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

More sweet and more chocolaty than the Maduro version and therefore a step behind the maduro for me. This one is obviously sauced with sweet milk-chocolate. At first I was dissapointed, because I was looking for the earthy, not sweet at all-Burley, but in the smoke this one surprised!

It surprised me, because it melts both the sweet-milk-chocolate notes with a solid foundation of earthy, tart and nutty burley-goodness as I love it. Not too sweet (definetly less sweet than, say, Aged Burley by Solani, but not as stout and earthy-spicy as a, say, Burley Flake by C&D), not too spicy: All-Day-Burley!

|| Personal rating: 3-stars | Rated for what it is: 3,5-stars! ||

L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (211)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

Real pure and natural Burley, without flavoring, this is mainly a blending tobacco. The color is very light, pale (in my opinion this is white Burley) and the smell is typical of Burley, neutral but specific. You can smoke it straight, but it is not a good idea, the taste is flat. But if you like pure Burley, you can try it straight. It is acceptable, sufficient for a plain natural smoking. In my personal rating (from 1 to 10) my score is 6 and two stars.