Boswell Pipes & Tobacco Majestic 586

(3.06)
A blend of toasted cavendish with some burleys and broad cut Virginias with a satisfying sweet taste. Dark tobaccos contrast with the golden yellow of Virginia. While smoking, the taste mellows and remains very rich until the end with out losing any of its personality. Especially good on relights.

Details

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

3.06 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 Reviews
Jul 13, 2015 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
I like this one - I ordered it hoping that it would be in the same vein as BCA or CB Dark, and I was not disappointed. But it is important to note that it is unique so it is not a replacement for these blends. When smoked, I get a peppery taste in my tongue, not bite as it goes away as soon as I stop smoking it. I found this to be a nice addition that sets it apart from the rest. It is still what I would consider a mild smoke, but it is complex enough to keep interesting.
Pipe Used: Hilson Meer-lined
PurchasedFrom: Boswell (via phone)
May 15, 2012 Medium Mild Extra Full Very Pleasant
Puffing on this as i type, i light and taste carmel and somthing earthing/"omi"after taste like overcooked crisp cookie (maybe the toasted Cavendish)and when exhaled i found the tobbaco coffe taste (Burly or maybe Virginia tobbaco is what i tasted) which gived me a head high,*NOTE:DONT SMOKE FAST...... none the less very pleasant to the palate but bold and full flavor of what in my opinion i tasted only descibtion Dan gave me on the phone when i asked what he recommended and judging from my order he nailed my poison like how expirenced master of arts being culinary, mixology highgrade cannibis, and tobbactionist would, i am pleased though "no bite delight" is whatis my main everyday smoke, i am going to add this to give that good ol nobitedelight a downtime,(i smoke alot of that all day) so this would compliment my varites, and give my palate somthing new to talk about.

OTHERTHOUGHTS: i would recommend for northwoods,berrycobbler dank& BOLD type aromatic smokers, or just your new smoker, at least try for yourself, dont take my word for it, im just giving out my input. So go ahead give it a shot, whatelse do you have to lose?
Mar 18, 2018 Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
Very interesting aromatic! This is one of maybe 5 that I actually taste real tobacco along with the casing and toppings. The tin note is cherry, vanilla and some nutty burley "tobacco" notes. The tin note would have you believe that this would be a "cherry bomb" or at least a heavily flavored smoke. The first taste I get is burley: slightly nutty and woody.Then comes the cherry vanilla, but not offensively strong, subtle and sweet. The Cavendish also comes through with a subtle sweetness and toasty character. I have hard time finding any uniquely Virginia flavors but they are certainly there and may provide some of the sweetness and occasional grassy notes I got in the smoke. The room note is fantastic. Classic "pipe smell", or at least what I always associated with a pipe in my youth. Nice aftertaste, sweet and cherry like. I am an occasional aromatic smoker and Boswell is pretty much it for me. I will add this to my rotation along with Bear Blend and PA Dutch Treat.
Pipe Used: meerschuam, cob and briar
PurchasedFrom: Boswell Pipes & Tobacco
Age When Smoked: <1 year
May 10, 2014 Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant
Mild, sweet, somewhat chocolatey, hints of vanilla. Almost tastes like bananas. Room note and bag smell is delicious and somewhat fruity. Pleasant aromatic to smoke and be around.
Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum mini cob
PurchasedFrom: JM Boswell's
Nov 30, 2011 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant
Picked up some of this when stopping off at Boswell's on a drive through PA. Incidentally, if you get the chance, I would recommend you do the same. It's a very friendly place and you're like to run into some great people.

I smoke aeros almost exclusively, so take that into account when reading. The initial light and first few puffs were nutty and sweet. I detected almonds/walnuts and caramel. Smoke was a nice thick white and stayed fairly cool, except when I got a little aggressive with the puffing while paying attention to the flavors. It may have been the way I packed or smoked the bowl, but it did get a little wet at the end and the flavor faded slightly. Nicotine hit was definitely present but not too extreme. The total experience was very pleasing. I would definitely recommend.
Apr 18, 2011 Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
If this isn't, in fact, a 50/50 blend of Lane 1-Q and BCA it looks, smokes and smells exactly like it. A great mild yet satisfying smoke with an excellent room note. Of course, you can buy Lane 1-Q and BCA in bulk and make it yourself for less than the $2.70 an ounce price tag.
Feb 23, 2011 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
This is one of my favorite Boswell blends. You can taste all the tobaccos and not just the flavorings. But the blend does seem to grow better with every relight! I did find an occasional relight necessary, but that was a pleasure. The blend improves the longer you smoke it and grows in richness of flavor, while still remaining pleasantly mild and bite-free. The room note is very pleasant and should please non-smokers as well as smokers. I echo what the previous reviewer of this blend said: Try it! You will not regret it; I certainly did not. Kudos to J.M.
Oct 06, 2010 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
The Boswell Boys have another winner here! Very smooth smoke and tastes wonderful! The relights although not many are amazing! Try this - you will not regret it!

target="_blank"