McClelland Christmas Cheer 2007

(3.42)
Hand blended, premium pressed Virginia flake tobaccos. Vintage red,ripe and mellow from the crop of 2001. Natural sweetness and zest. In limited quantity

Details

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

3.42 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 21 - 23 of 23 Reviews
Nov 13, 2007 Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Pleasant
Tin aroma has the signature McClelland whatever you call it plus something more. A first for me in the CC line. To me it smells of Clove or a "holiday" aroma. Quite nice. I dried a bowl overnight. The Broken flake was rubbed out a little more and loaded into a viking bulldog. Burn was fine aroma of cloves still there as well as in the after taste for me. Quite nice. Probally the best so far for the line but i have only tasted vintages from 1998 on up to current.It will bite if pushed but with minimal care it stays nice. I have 2 tins in the celler and may add a few more of this year as it should age nicely. No nicotene Wallops either.
Oct 27, 2007 Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable
I love this blend. Be forewarned as this is my first Tinned and especially non-aromatic tobacco.

I love this. Tin aroma is a nice tobacco and fruity smell that entices you from the start. The tobacco is pressed flakes that break easily to be packed. I don't know how or what "rubbing" out is so I just broke apart the flakes and packed it accordingly. It definitely arrives moist, too moist, so I let each bowl full of broken flakes to dry out for 2-4 hours. You need to do this less as the days go by. The flavor is exactly what I want in a pipe tobacco. An honest true all day smoke. The spicy virginias are superb. I really enjoy smoking this and hope to order one more tin before Christmas.

sam
Nov 21, 2007 Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Save some for next year another great year for mccelland

target="_blank"