Dulce de Leche is a vastly popular traditional candy in South America. This is the ultimate blend for the caramel lover. The base is comprised of Burley and Virginia.

FlavoringCaramel, Vanilla
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste

3.1
Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (51)

Pretty good, I taste coconut, and the caramel in this blend. Its pretty sweet and doesn't seem to bite your tounge. I would recommend this one to anyone who loves that caramel taste.

Pipe Used: Neereup

Purchased From: Pipes and Tobaccos

Mhulsey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mhulsey (36)

I don't smoke aromatics very often, but when I do, this is one of the only ones that I will smoke. This isn't a wet, gloopy highly cased aromatic that will clog up your pipe, but rather a lightly topped aromatic with hints of cream, caramel, and nuts that makes for a great after dinner smoke. So, on to the tin note, or should I say bag note. To me, this tobacco smells like an almond joy in the bag. You will again get notes of caramel, cream, a nuttiness or almost coconut smell, with maybe just a hint of a rum. The cut of the tobacco is a very uniform short ribbon which makes loading the pipe an easy task. The tobacco takes a light well as the moisture level is spot on perfect right out of the bag, again this is not a wet or gloopy aromatic. The taste of the tobacco is slightly sweet with hints of caramel or vanilla that reflect the creamy smell, but the nuttiness of the burley definitely shines through the most and seems to take center stage for the majority of the smoke. The taste of the smoke remains consistent from start to finish, so I wouldn't say that this is a very complex blend where the flavors are consistently evolving, but in my mind, this is exactly what I want in a dessert tobacco. I did not notice any tongue bite with this blend, but it is best sipped so that you can taste all of the different flavors that this has to offer. As for the room note, those around me mentioned that the smoke gave off the smell of vanilla, and most did not seem to be bothered by it in the least. The tobacco burned down to a fine gray powdery ash and did not leave the pipe fowled up or ghosted with any heavy smells or flavors. I have noticed that cleaning the pipe after smoking this blend is relatively simple, there is only the need to run a pipe cleaner through the stem once or twice just to remove any moisture from the stem itself. Overall, I have been very pleased with this aromatic and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a sweet tobacco for dessert.

Pipe Used: various briars

Age When Smoked: fresh from package

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

StevieB (1981)

Sutliff Tobacco Co. - Dulce de Leche D58.

This has been rubbed into coarse ribbons, is medium brown with a few lighter specks, although supplied in bulk it's slightly damp (suits me!), and has a sweet but slightly nutty aroma.

I enjoy the smoke. This, to me, is an ardent aromatic; the casings lead in the flavour. There's plenty of sweet caramel, some 'sticky' vanilla, and a touch of nuttiness; coconut-esc. The tobacco's are driven by the Burley; quite tumultuous and rugged. The Virginia's present but don't expect a grassy, hay-like experience! I don't get any bite from it and find the burn agreeable; steady, giving a cool smoke.

Nicotine: maybe above mild. Room-note: nice.

D58? As I said, an ardent aromatic, although not the worst culprit for Topping-Sublimation I've encountered! It warrants three stars, just shy of four:

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Roma 614

Age When Smoked: 1 week

IvanRuiz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
IvanRuiz (4)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

The blend reminds me of an almond joy candy bar. The smell of the bag instantly greets you with coconut and almond notes. The tobacco is ribbon cut and doesn't have a lot of casing. If you touch the tobacco out of the bag it feels just like frog mortons cellar when you open the tin the first time. The tobacco is not wet and sticky at all but rather has a damp feel to it. I recommend this to anyone that likes aromatics but still wants to enjoy the flavors. Cleaning the pipe was super easy. You do need to sip this one and relight a few times.

I smoked this in a cobbit elf and due to the long stem the smoke was cooler. I will be ordering this again and while I wouldn't keep it in the rotation blends, I will keep it stocked for when I need my coconut candy fix.

Pipe Used: Cobbit elf corn cob

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

RevTollers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RevTollers (3)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I got this blend in one of Pipes and cigars's sample packs.

While its not a terrible blend it suffers from being kind of underwhelming. It stayed lit, and smoked cold. It's flavor was alright but leaned towards the boring side. If you're new to pipe smoking this is a safe start, but anyone who's tried a couple blends already will have found something more exciting.

Pipe Used: Corncob

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (29765)

I must say, that given the name of this blend, I had high expectations, as I am a fan of caramel and vanilla flaovered blends. It was a bit of a let down for me, as I do think highly of Altadis blends. Altadis Caramelo has more of a detectable caramel flavor and smokes noticeably sweeter than this one. It certainly is not a bad smoke, it is more of a typical good quality smoke. Not a bad blend for a first timer, but nothing to paddle out on a big day for.

J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (107)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Like other reviewers have said, taste is a combination of the caramel and vanilla that somehow vaguely, occasionally resembles coconut. Very pleasant and creamy, really. Not something that rocks my world, but it burns without issues. It's cool and never bitey. There's loads of smoke. The topping is not goopy wet, a big plus for me. And the flavor, to me, is interesting enough to push it from 2 to 3 stars.

Pipe Used: MM Morgan

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Shipwreckbay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shipwreckbay (27)

The pouch note of this tobacco is delightful, mainly caramel and vanilla. Additionally, it is not overly wet. It took 3 lights to get things to settle down, but once it did, no further lights were needed. Although the smoke was sweet it did allow the tobacco flavor through. The burley was present and was not sublimated by the caramel. I noticed a mild bit of nicotine.This blend would not bite even when pushed really hard. Not much left in the bottom of the bowl. Could be enjoyed any time of the day or night.

Pipe Used: Peterson