A & C Petersen Caledonian Melange No.10 Highland Cream

(2.70)
Bright Virginia grades hand-blended with bulk cured black cavendish. Flavored with Scottish Highland cream whiskey. Easy to fill and easy to smoke.

Details

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.70 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 Reviews
Jan 27, 2008 Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant
Aromatic lovers will probably greatly enjoy this. I just had to try it because I heard it has a tobacco taste despite all the sweetness (Vanilla extract in a can!)

If I were desperate, I'd finish the tin. But, because my local tobacco club has a tobacco bar and members are invited to share their bounty, this one will be my offering for the month. I had the tin for several years but now that I've sampled the contents, I'm willing to let it go.

Quality leaf all the way and not hard to keep lit at all. I'm glad I smoked it in my Kaywoodie reserved for aromatics because the odor and taste will probably stay with the pipe longer than I'll stay on planet earth.

Now then, where's a spoon? After a whiff of this stuff in the tin, I'm thinking anything that smells that good surely must be edible.
Dec 27, 2003 Mild Medium Very Full Pleasant
As I am, new to the pipe world, I have to contribute with my share of my so ongoing experience. I found this, as it was given to me at my 18'th birthday by a couple of close friends, simingly tastful and rather sweer just as I opened the tin. I were not to be betraied. The smoke tasted like a combination between sweet sugar and bitter juice, and it was not as harsh to my throat as other aromatics had been. I'd say it has been treating me nicely, and greeting me in to the world of pipes in a splendid fashion.

But I do think I will go on, to more advanced and sofisticated tobaccos.
Aug 20, 2015 Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant
I'm really not into aromatics, but this blend is one of the few that I would chose if I get in the mood. It has a tobacco taste to it, and the room note is just wonderful! It really "lifts" the the room!

From the first time i smelled it (in the smokers section of a danish train) I knew I must try this one! I did, fell in love with it, got tired of it and let it go.

If you're looking for something that will please almost anyone when smoked indoors, this is the one to go for!
Pipe Used: Stanwell, Ratos
PurchasedFrom: PAK Sverige
Jan 21, 2008 Mild Medium Medium Pleasant
This is the kind of aromatic tobacco all new pipe smokers should try. I bought it as I always like to have a "sweet tooth" tobacco on hand for when the mood takes me.

Presentation is superb. Nicely printed textured labelling, ruffled paper inside and a card cover with individual quality code. Very similar to a Dunhill product.

Tin aroma is delicious - boozy toffee with tobacco. The tin states "easy to fill and easy to smoke". It's not wrong on either count. A tasty aromatic smoke with no bite but with a definite subtle tobacco flavour. In this respect similar to another Orlik aromatic - Alsbo Black. The whisky flavouring is detectable but not overwhelming. Room note is very pleasant for others.

Recommended in it's category.

IMO, this tobacco is in a similar vein to other aromatics such as Alsbo Black, Mac Baren Black Ambrosia and Original Choice and WO Larsen Simply Unique.

Surprisingly, this tobacco isn't available from any online tobacconists I know of in the UK, I got it from Germany - where it is a bestselling brand
Nov 16, 2007 Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong
A soft mix. A mix of light tobaccos Virginia with Black Cavendish. The bouquet and the light perfume of this whisky, guarantee its unique flavor of this mix. It can easily be smoked by itself. In the beginning you do not understand the difference, however after 1-2 smoking, you feel a pleasure. I smoke it also in combination with Larsen No 50 or Barbary Coast. Best Regards
May 24, 2006 Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant
This aromatic has a following in Sweden (and probably elsewhere) that makes it sometimes unobtainable in the shops! Clubs smoking only this weed have been formed which says something about the tobacco, but also about the monomanic minds of some people 😉

I can sit and sniff in the tin for hours. It just smells so wonderful. When stuffed in the pipe it is a sure crowd pleaser and strangers walk up to greet you with altruistic attitudes towards pipe smokers in general and especially you!

It is a wonderful smoke, however after half a tin I tend to get a "sweetness overdose" and start to long for a "rougher" baccy altogether, maybe a Premier Cru or a Red Rapparee or something. It is like eating a pound of milk toffee, you start to look for licorice in the candy jar. Or a whisky. But that doesnt stop me from a hearty recommendation of this, smoked to measure.
Sep 11, 2005 Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant
The first couple of bowls of this blend seemed a little tame to me. The flavor didn't pound my palate, but later that turned out to be a good thing. It does benefit from a bit of drying first, though.

Having been through about an ounce of a tin of this blend, it has grown on me. The taste is by no means overwhelming. It is nice and smooth. You can puff pretty hard on this blend without getting a burn. Some care has to be put into the packing ritual, especially if you pack it fresh out of the tin. A slight packing error and your pipe will be punished with flaming hot walls.

All in all I have found this blend to be a nice and soothing experience that I and my surroundings enjoy a lot. This blend will find its way to my "stash" again.

target="_blank"