To Celebrate the Queens 70th Jubilee we bring you a traditional hand blended English Mixture, using tobaccos originally introduced to the commonwealth by Sir Frances Drake. The bright yellow and darker Virginia's have been used combined with a touch of rich burley to secure a soft and smooth smoke.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
2.0
Richard Smith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Richard Smith (1)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Zero latakia, This blend is a verginia burley, I bought it thinking it would be an English blend to celebrate old queenie and it is English by default.. it was made here in England but otherwise that is the extent of it.. the tobacco is OK... very plain.. quite upsetting if you think you will be getting an English blend and this stuff shows up ar the door.. it was not terrible and if you like straight up verginia burley blends it is will do nicely. I found it to be lacking flavour but my disappointment with it from the outset may have clouded my experience... bottom line.. it is good quality as usuall but it is not what I thought I would be getting, so it is standard at best and a lier at worst..

Pipe Used: Peterson system

Purchased From: Cgars

Similar Blends: Peterson Sherlock holmes, rattrays macbeth although I'm pretty sure they are the same blend anyway.

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (147)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Something and nothing, I thought. Most people nowadays expect an 'English Mixture' to contain some Latakia; Jubilee Blend doesn't. This rather undistinguished offering is no different from dozens of other VaBur tobaccos, and not at all exceptional, as the 'jubilee' name seems to suggest. Also, it burns hot and quickly, and needs careful management if you value your tongue. All right, I suppose, if you want a run-of-the-mill all day smoke, but no more than somewhat recommended,

Re the blurb: it was Sir Walter Raleigh who is said to have introduced tobacco to England, not Sir Francis Drake. Who was Frances Drake, I wonder, and why is she called 'Sir'?