The private blend of our late friend Bill Rutledge, now on the shelf as a permanent part of our lineup. Bill was a fixture at The Country Squire for years and epitomized who we strive to be each day: sophisticated, patient, welcoming, and kind. He was always here to greet guests or to recommend tobaccos to new pipe smokers. He was sharp, quirky, and hilarious–and he was ours.

Bill’s Blend is a sweet aromatic featuring confectionary notes of vanilla and marshmallow. The room note is superb and will be a treat for your companions. Soft and creamy, this tobacco is easy to keep lit and gentle on the palate. A true smoker-friendly, aromatic gem.

Bill’s Blend has been a popular choice at The Squire for years as people would come in, smell Bill’s pipe and ask for “whatever tobacco that guy is smoking”. We invite you to honor him with us while enjoying this excellent custom blend.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
2.0
Bumble Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bumble (65)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

To give you a hint from where my below impressions are coming from; I favor aromatic blends (vanilla being my favorite), although I am finding I enjoy English/Scottish blends more frequently, which I could not stand when I first started smoking a pipe. I have been trying more of the English/Aromatic combo blends, which I have found being more and more of that I am reaching for for my everyday smoke.

Opening the bag, what I smelled was sweet. I know the blend said it was vanilla, but in the end I smell sweet but not the unmistakable vanilla note I am accustomed too.

Unlike the tin-note, The flavor I tasted was light/mild vanilla. It also had a "cool" taste to it, but I could not really taste any of the tobacco. The smoke was mild and enjoyable.

It was semi-moist, no need to dry before smoking. I did not have any tongue-bite with this blend.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob