A cozy holiday blend released in 2021, Sutliff's North Pole Peppermint Mocha is an Aromatic pipe tobacco that conjures feelings of fireside comfort with your favorite hot beverage on a snowy night. It comprises premium grade black cavendish, Dark burley, and Virginias in a ribbon cut blended with chocolatey cocoa, sweet vanilla, and just a hint of refreshing mint for a delightful room note and a flavor profile that pairs perfectly with the holiday season.

Blended BySutliff Tobacco Company
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Mint, Vanilla
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong, Very Strong
Very Strong
Taste
Very Full
3.7
Very Strong Very Strong Very Full Pleasant

The power laden peppermint topping is the star attraction. The chocolate is a secondary player at best. The vanilla is in the background. The nutty aspects of the dark burley, and grass from the Virginia is all the tobaccos contribute. You won’t notice the black cavendish. Barely has any nicotine. There’s no chance of bite or harshness. Has no rough notes. Needs a little dry time. Burns cool and clean at a slow rate with a very potent peppermint patty-like flavor. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl. Requires some relights. Has a long lasting pleasant after taste, and room note. Not an all day smoke.

-JimInks

Smokey Bear Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smokey Bear (4)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Very Full Pleasant

Nice Peppermint and cooling effect, chocolate nice and sweet creamy vanilla. Dried out about 5 hours still nice and moist, but stayed lit the whole time

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschuam corncob mark twain

Purchased From: Smoking dog cigars

Bumble Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bumble (65)
Mild to Medium Strong Full Very Pleasant

As a newer pipe smoker, I am mainly exploring the different blends (I favor aromatic blends, although I am dipping my toes into the non-aromatic blends now) to find what I like.

Christmas blends are my favorite, I want to try them all, so I go into each Christmas blend with great expectations!

This review is for the 2021 Christmas batch...

Opening the bag, what I smelled was chocolate and peppermint. Seriously, this is the perfect name for this blend as this is exactly what it smells like! I could not smell any of the tobacco (or anything else), just these 2 distinct flavors.

The flavor I tasted was overwhelmingly chocolate and peppermint, no false advertising on the flavors! It was almost like smoking an Altoids mint while eating a chocolate bar. If you were looking forward to these flavors, you will not be disappointed with this blend. Even after smoking, I could feel/taste the peppermint.

Everyone who smelled the tobacco (even before I lit up) commented on how pleasant and strong it was. The room note follows the flavor profile (no tobacco noted in room note, just chocolate and peppermint) and was enjoyed by anyone smelling it. I really like this blend, and can see it being a reoccurring Christmas purchase! But as much as I like this, a little goes a longggg way and this is not an everyday blend (at least to me), to be honest its not even one I will be smoking more than one bowl a day. But it is probably one of my more favorite Christmas themed blends I tried this year.

My only concern is that this will probably ghost your pipe, the peppermint is that strong...

It arrived moist, but not too much and I smoked it without any drying time. Was able to light this without issue and did have to have a few relights. I did not have any tounge-bite with this blend.

Pipe Used: Peterson 2017 Christmas (87)

Purchased From: tobaccopipes.com