Smooth double fermented Black Cavendish plays the leading role in this mixture. Carefully blended with Golden and Red Virginia as well as a pinch of Burley. A generous proportion of Bourbon Vanilla flavor is added, resulting in a charismatic sweet note. This blend is of light nature and creamy taste. Manufactured by Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. in Germany.

BrandChacom
Blended ByJeremy Reeves
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
FlavoringBourbon, Vanilla
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
3.7
brainexhaust Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brainexhaust (6)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I picked up a tin of Chacom #3 at my local shop about 3 months ago. It was a little moist out of the tin, and the first bowl, which I smoked at the shop when I purchased it, was difficult to keep lit. The initial flavor did not appeal to me. Three months later, it is at the perfect moisture level, and burns great. It is a little sweet but not too sweet for me, with black cavendish being dominant up front, followed by burley. The bourbon flavor is not really obvious to me, instead I'm tasting more of a maple flavor that I'm really enjoying. It's a cool smoke, no bite, no goop. I like it.

Pipe Used: Briar billiard, cob

Mikaszcz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mikaszcz (9)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Un incontournable tabac vanillé, tout en finesse et subtilité, doux et sans morsure de langue. La vanille bourbon reste longtemps en bouche, sans jamais masquer le caractère du tabac. Une belle réussite pour Chacom.

Pipe Used: Chacom

Age When Smoked: 3 m

ScienceSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScienceSmoker (22)

After opening the tin, the first smell is rich, buttery maple/vanilla, in addition to the nice tobacco smell. First puffs... buttery and creamy vanilla and burley. Really nice flavors. As the bowl progresses, I kept expecting to taste bourbon, but I'm only getting hints of alcohol. Maybe it's giving a spiciness to the vanilla. Very mild aromatic flavors, but that's not a bad thing at all. This isn't a heavy aromatic at all. You can taste the tobacco and it blends perfectly with the spicy vanilla. The flavors are very natural too, not overly sweet or artificial tasting. Both Chacom #2 and this one are billed as "aromatics", but they're definitely not typical aromatics, but more of what are sometimes called "crossovers". Most aromatics are pretty straightforward, but this one is nicely complex, just like the other Chacom's I've had so far, the flavors all blend together really perfectly.

Bottom line: This is a fairly mildly flavored aromatic with a really nice, rich, buttery smoke. One of the best balanced aromatics I've had. I love these Chacom #'s

Pipe Used: Georg Jensen POY 2002