Smooth double fermented Black Cavendish plays the leading role in this mixture. Carefully blended with Golden and Red Virginia as well as a pinch of Burley. A generous proportion of Bourbon Vanilla flavor is added, resulting in a charismatic sweet note. This blend is of light nature and creamy taste. Manufactured by Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. in Germany.

BrandChacom
Blended ByJeremy Reeves
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
FlavoringBourbon, Vanilla
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
3.7
brainexhaust Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brainexhaust (6)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I picked up a tin of Chacom #3 at my local shop about 3 months ago. It was a little moist out of the tin, and the first bowl, which I smoked at the shop when I purchased it, was difficult to keep lit. The initial flavor did not appeal to me. Three months later, it is at the perfect moisture level, and burns great. It is a little sweet but not too sweet for me, with black cavendish being dominant up front, followed by burley. The bourbon flavor is not really obvious to me, instead I'm tasting more of a maple flavor that I'm really enjoying. It's a cool smoke, no bite, no goop. I like it.

Pipe Used: Briar billiard, cob

Mikaszcz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mikaszcz (9)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Un incontournable tabac vanillé, tout en finesse et subtilité, doux et sans morsure de langue. La vanille bourbon reste longtemps en bouche, sans jamais masquer le caractère du tabac. Une belle réussite pour Chacom.

Pipe Used: Chacom

Age When Smoked: 3 m

ScienceSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScienceSmoker (27)

After opening the tin, the first smell is a rich, buttery maple/vanilla, in addition to the nice tobacco smell. It's a beautiful looking blend too - the whole tobacco rainbow, deep dark Black Cavendish. chestnut brown Burley, dark red, and golden Virginias.

First puffs... buttery and creamy vanilla, slightly nutty Burley, and the rich, toasted flavor of darker Red Virginias. The golden Virginias add just a touch of floral sweetness and lighten the blend a bit. As the bowl progresses, I kept expecting to taste bourbon, but I'm only getting hints of alcohol. Still, it's a smooth, rich smoke. Also, the maple and vanilla toppings really enhance the tobacco flavors. They're somewhat mild aromatic flavors compared to typical heavy American aromatics - they never overwhelm the tobacco flavors. It's a natural tasting blend, not overly sweet or artificial. Just like Chacom #2, this is nicely complex for an aro... the flavors all blend together really perfectly.

Bottom line: This is a perfectly flavored aromatic with a really rich, buttery smoke. One of the more expertly balanced aromatics I've had. I love these Chacom #'s

Pipe Used: Georg Jensen POY 2002