Chacom's #1 is a mellow English mixture comprised of Virginia, black cavendish, and Oriental tobaccos with a touch of latakia. It's an easy-going blend that can be enjoyed any time of day.

BrandChacom
Taste
ScienceSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScienceSmoker (14)
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is the second Chacom blend I've tried. After trying Chacom #2 (Plum aromatic) and having it become my favorite aromatic... I decided to try all the "#" Chacom's. Opening the tin, I actually thought I mixed up #2 and #1 at first... not because #1 is overly sweet, but just because I didn't smell a ton of typical "English" smells. It's sweeter than the typical English. It smells amazing though.

Lighting up, it tastes like a sweet English blend too. I mean, it's obviously not an aromatic, but it is sweet for an English blend, with a nice spiciness too - what I usually think of as that mysterious Oriental spiciness. After the first few minutes, the sweetness fades a bit and spiciness of the Orientals picks up and they come together nicely.

I thought I was a Lat-heavy English blend guy. I love Quiet Nights and Nightcap... but after smoking Savinelli's Essenza Cipriota and this blend, and loving them both, I'm starting to think maybe a ton of Latikia isn't necessary for a great English blend. Without too much of the sometimes heavy-handed Latikia, it seems like I have a chance to taste all the other stuff going on. This is a really nice, complex, sweet and interestingly spicy blend. Chacom is really knocking them out of the park so far.

Bottom line: This is a fairly light, but still complex, sweet, and spicy English blend that's re-writing my idea of what a ideal English blend should be. UPDATE: It's one of my favorite English blends now.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Series III 320