This mixture is cavendish based with Virginia. The aroma is chocolate and vanilla with a shot of orange.

BrandTorben Dansk
Blended ByDan Pipe / DTM
Manufactured ByDan Tobacco Manufacturing (DTM)
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
1.0
Doudeijns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Doudeijns (19)
Very Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

After my first enthusiasm my interest in this tobacco has diminished somewhat, and here's why (I'm now pointing at the screen with the stem of my pipe)

As I'm not used to aromatic tobacco I was at once carried away by the delicious fragrance: orange and chocolate. Filling my pipe right out of the tin I fell in love with it instantly and ordered more. My saliva seemed to turn into lemonade when smoking this stuff. But now, after having finished the first tin and even before gaining experience with other aromatics I start to notice the downside of this tobacco.

First, when I let the tobacco sit for a while to dry the fragrance quickly goes away and so does the aroma. What's left is a sweet tobacco without much interest.

Second, the flavour quickly dwindles so the there's nothing left but sweet and uncomplicated black Cavendish with a hint of chocolate and some harshness to it halfway the bowl.

Even the room note turns from delicious into boring.

I get much more satisfaction from the other Jubilee (smooth Latakia) and the chocolate taste as well, plus more smoothness.

It's mild, has a very strong flavour that quickly disappears and is otherwise mild with a pleasant room note.

One star