A Burley/Virginia based blend with added black cavendish and a mild Vanilla note. 150th Anniversary is a crumble cake cut of a relatively dark mottled hue.

BrandMissouri Meerschaum
Taste
King Weed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
King Weed (175)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought five tins of this blend as soon as I saw it, opened one immediately and am still experimenting with it. Missouri Meerschaum 150th presents as an attractive umber chocolate brown block of slightly mottled layers that are easy to rub out. From the moment you open the tin, you know that it is an aromatic with vanilla tones. This aromatic element is noticeable in the top third but does not interfere with the blend's smokeability. What was noticeable to me was a relatively weak taste and aroma that continued through the top two thirds of the bowl. Only in the bottom third did it smoke with some strength. That didn't last long and we soon finished off in a very ordinary manner. I don't think that MM 150th is a bad blend. I do think that it is a weak blend and that's my problem with it. Just as I was glumly contemplating a two star review for MM's brand new blend, I began to use it in micro blending. Wow, this stuff has an alter ego! Every blend I inserted it into seemed "improved" and this has continued unabated to this moment. I feel that is worth another star and recommend it to the reader at three stars.

Pipe Used: Rich Lewis 1/4 bent Armadillo-2011 NASPC yearpipe

Age When Smoked: current

Similar Blends: I've smoked aromatic English blends and some of them had a vanilla essence. Here it lasts longer in the smoke than I am accustomed to due to the blend's weaker underpinnings. Still, it blends very agreeably and I rather liked the blend..