A mixture composed of only the finest Virginia, Maryland and burley tobaccos with a pinch of Latakia. The result is a noteworthy blend that is medium bodied, a perfect choice for consulate gentleman.

BrandChieftain
Taste
SteveM64 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SteveM64 (1)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Wow, I’m surprised this hasn’t already been reviewed. I am a relatively new pipe smoker and have enjoyed a range of English blends but I have also been intrigued by Burleys, which has resulted in a bit of DIY blending to bring both Burley and Latakia together. This blend does the job much better than I can. I still get a nice little Latakia note but this time accompanied by the licorice sweetness of Burley along with some lovely Virginia flavours too.

The tobacco is finely cut and is fairly dry straight from the tin. It lights and burns very easily and consistently, and smokes easily right to the bottom of the bowl.

I’m not going to add more detail than that at this stage, suffice to say that if you enjoy English blends and also appreciate the notes of Burley then this is the first tobacco I have found that combines the two. It is well-rounded and flavoursome, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Roma