As described by the producer: This limited edition Special Reserve is a balanced mixture from golden-yellow Virginia and black cavendish tobaccos, rounded off with matured burley. A special aroma of hickory nut gives this tobacco an aromatic taste.

Notes:

CutMixture
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Peterson - Special Reserve 2019.

This is an aromatic, unequivocally. The toppings subconrad, govern, and rule things!

The tin-note vaticinates and exemplifies the forthcoming smoke: a coffee aromatic. I see a lot more Burley and Virginia compared to black Cavendish; it isn't a fair split! Without stirring or ruffling it I can count just seven pieces of black! The mixture comprises mostly quite large ribbons. Mine has good moisture.

Once lit the first flavour to leap out is the coffee. But, coffee doesn't completely hog the smoke. Behind the coffee sits some chocolate, making the leading flavour one of a mocha. The tobaccos are driven by the Burley, which has quite an intense flavour. This is supported by the fresh, fruity, tasting Virginias. The Black Cavendish seems hardly present. The burn makes big clouds of smoke, but although the ribbons are quite coarse, it can go fast. I also get bitten.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: nice.

Special Reserve 2019? The flavour's good, but the cost, burn and bite remove a point. Three stars:

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Altinok Lee Van Cleef Replica

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (308)

Got to smoke a small bowl of this at Peter Heinrichs' shop in Bergheim (near Cologne), and it was a pleasant smoke! Quite aromatic, in the sense of "the flavourings are in front row", but the nutty flavouring is quite tasty and maybe there's some vanilla to it as well? I quite liked it and would smoke it again if offered, yet I think this could be a treat for aromatic smokers.

raybrown55 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
raybrown55 (32)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I have to say that I hesitated a bit before buying this, because my only previous experience with a coffee-scented blend was, about three decades ago, with Scandinavik Coffee, which was horrible; nevertheless I was very glad to see again on the tobacconist's shelves a Peterson Special Edition, after the known issues. So I buyed it: it consists of an elegant box, with inside a silver foil bag, ermetically closed, which reminds me of a box of chocolates. Once opened the bag, you finally find the tobacco and at the same time a beautiful aroma of coffee reaches your nose. Honestly my first impulse was to eat it, however I filled my pipe and lit it. The prevalent aroma is indeed of coffee, but you can taste also chocolate in a lesser way. All in all the topping is quite strong, but not overwhelmingly so, you will likely taste the tobacco only in the background and a little more in the last quarter of the bowl, when the topping fades out a little, but the quality of the leaf is good. In conclusion, it's an aromatic different from many (fruity) others and I like it, so I'll recommend it to you.

Purchased From: Dubini Chiasso