Peterson Special Reserve 2019 offers a mixture of golden Virginia and black cavendish tobaccos combined with well matured burley that forms the basis of this blend. Sweet and bitter notes of coffee and chocolate complements this blend.

BrandPeterson
Taste
raybrown55 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
raybrown55 (32)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I have to say that I hesitated a bit before buying this, because my only previous experience with a coffee-scented blend was, about three decades ago, with Scandinavik Coffee, which was horrible; nevertheless I was very glad to see again on the tobacconist's shelves a Peterson Special Edition, after the known issues. So I buyed it: it consists of an elegant box, with inside a silver foil bag, ermetically closed, which reminds me of a box of chocolates. Once opened the bag, you finally find the tobacco and at the same time a beautiful aroma of coffee reaches your nose. Honestly my first impulse was to eat it, however I filled my pipe and lit it. The prevalent aroma is indeed of coffee, but you can taste also chocolate in a lesser way. All in all the topping is quite strong, but not overwhelmingly so, you will likely taste the tobacco only in the background and a little more in the last quarter of the bowl, when the topping fades out a little, but the quality of the leaf is good. In conclusion, it's an aromatic different from many (fruity) others and I like it, so I'll recommend it to you.

Purchased From: Dubini Chiasso