BrandPanama Jack
Manufactured ByMeier & Dutch
Packaging1.75 ounce tin
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild
Extremely Mild, Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild
Unnoticeable, Pleasant
1.5
atomicbuster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
atomicbuster (68)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Gifted this to a colleague. After a few weeks and a few smokes, he gifted it back to me. I was happy to try it, but, unfortunately, it's a disappointing blend. Common story, it smells nice in the tin, but admittedly it's an aromatic of the cheaper kind, so it burns the tongue, smokes hot, requires much drying time, and loses flavor quickly. When I did taste some flavor, it was pleasant, and also anything but "melon". After I let it dry naturally, it burned much less, but ended up tasting like plain tobacco. There are better blends out there. At its best, it tastes nothing like the advertised food on the label, so I don't recommend.

Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (156)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Working through the Panama Jack tobaccos this summer I got to the melon one. The fruit flavor is there where you open the tin. I think honeydew or canalope not a watermelon. The flavor comes through in the tobacco like the tin note. The tobacco behind it was pretty ho-hum. It makes an ok smoke during the summer but not something I'd go out of my way to buy more of.

Pipe Used: cobs