Nature mix of high grade Virginias which was hot pressed with a part of cavendish, hint of burley and Oriental. This mixture was cutted to flake. This cut warrants the best of characteristics which was expected by natural sweets of cavendish.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Strength
Taste
adam543 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
adam543 (8)

I was always very curious about Brown Sugar Flake (later on known as B.S. Flake) but because it was exclusively produced for Danish market I wasn't able to get it. This blend was available for a few years but then it disappeared and at the moment of writing this review it is not produced anymore.

Big Ben Flake is recently released blend and if you look at the ingredients, they look suspiciously similar to B.S.F. I wouldn't be surprised if the same recipe was used and now it is sold under different name which is really good because the older blend was liked by many smokers and it would be a waste not to continue it.

As usually with Samuel Gawith, flakes come moist but not terribly wet. Flakes are nicely cut. I prefer tobacco on the dry side so before smoking I leave it on the table for 15-30 min. Smoking experience? Very nice. My palate is not as refined as some of the reviewers here but I can say this: nicely designed Virginia based tobacco with almost no bite. Black Cavendish is there but in the background. Burley gives nice body. I don't taste Orientals, perhaps it's only a pinch, thank you Samuel Gawith. This blend is definitely worth trying, personally I prefer a handful of Perique mixed with good Virginia, but this combination also works. Good blend, 3 stars for me.