Yuletide Virginia cavendish with flavors of plum pudding. Only available once a year!

BrandPeretti
Blended ByL.J. Peretti
Manufactured ByL.J. Peretti
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
CutShag
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Increditor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Increditor (2)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am not terribly fond of aromatics but this is a good one. It’s similar in composition to Lane 1-Q but with a sweeter casing. It’s an aromatic mixture so it lacks the depth and richness of a Virginia flake, English or hearty burley blend. But it has a rich plum pudding flavor and aroma with some vanilla custard notes. I bought an 8 oz tin and though I’m not a great fan of standard aromatics, I’ll be smoking all of this. I’d give this a 3.5 star/B+ rating for my preferences but it is a very good American style aromatic.

Pipe Used: IMP meerschaum, Comoy Guildhall

Purchased From: L.J. Peretti

ScottR99 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScottR99 (14)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I just ordered my second 8 oz tin of this stuff, and not because I enjoy aromatics but rather enjoy it as a high quality tobacco. It is very good on its own, but in addition to smoking it alone I have been mixing some of mine with either 101 or 1072, and it's outstanding.

Pipe Used: GBD Tanzanian Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: Days/Weeks

Purchased From: LJ Peretti Online Store

riobrew Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
riobrew (54)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Well I had this blend today. I've moved on from aromatic blends years ago. When I found English, VaPer, and now my beloved Burleys I never looked back. A few over the pass couple of years have peeked my interest. Peretti is a master at whatever they do. So I tried their Yuletide for the first time this year. Glad I did and glad I got the 8 oz tin. Virginia Cavendish with flavors of Plum Pudding. Not over done. They used top quality leaf. Very Mild strength and nice room notes. I liked it for a change of pace.

Pipe Used: Buckeye/Scott's pipe