Kingsfoil is a medium-full Virginia/Kentucky mixture with the natural sweetness you expect from yellow Virginias and the rich, smokiness characteristic of dark fire cured leaf. This tobacco burns clean, and will have you stompin’ your feet, hobbit-style!

Notes: From the blender, Jon David Cole:

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Blended ByThe Country Squire
Manufactured ByThe Country Squire
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsKentucky, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.5
Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (188)

I tried some Kingsfoil and found it very comparable to Cowboy Coffee without the Cavendish element in the CC. Between the two, I prefer CC by a smidge.

The Kentucky provides a spice/pepper touch which compliments the Virginias and provides a flavor which lasts throughout the pipe.

Presentation is the typical Squire ribbon with the Kentucky obvious in the mix.

The Squire lists it in their non-aro section so I do not believe that it has any toppings (it was listed in here with a Carmel flavoring)

From the Blender: Jon David Cole

Yea of course Kingsfoil has no topping whatsoever. We use a variety of unflavored bright leaf Virginia and fired cured Kentucky in the blend only.

Pipe Used: various

Age When Smoked: fresh from bag to 1 year

Purchased From: Country Squire

Similar Blends: The Country Squire Tobacconist - Cowboy Coffee, The Country Squire Tobacconist - Green Dragon.

Desertislandtoolworks Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Desertislandtoolworks (16)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

I simply can't make up my mind on this blend. It has undertones of the virginas that I love but the kentucky dark fired to me overwhealms that. It's not unpleasant but also not a flavor I like much. This is the second blend I've tried with dark fire that I didn't much care for. Not sure if in a smaller dose I'd enjoy it more as there is something about the smokiness I do like. I may try blending this with some virgina to see what happens as well as trying a little more age on it. Overall I think the tobacco is well made, packs and burns well, just not my cup of joe.

Pipe Used: Billiard, corncob