A blend of selected, slightly toasted Virginia and burley tobaccos, this Holger Danske mixture has an aroma of mellow mango fruit topped with a touch of vanilla which gives this mixture a unique tropical character.

BrandHolger Danske
1.5
canvas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canvas (217)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

The tin aroma is quite something to quaff. It reminds me of fruity off-brand Kool Aid; an artificial flavor found in the most brightly colored kid's drinks. So I braced myself for what would surely be one of the fruitiest aromatics I ever stumbled upon.

The contents was perfectly dry with a very manageable cut and comes in a plastic bag (which was a first for me). It lit wonderfully, but the experience took a drastic turn once it got burning. It smokes with a hot, spittle pooling bite that burns off any previously noted flavor. It isn't terribly strong, just somewhat bitter and not very enjoyable as an aromatic nor leisurely piping session.

This tobacco works great as an air freshener, but was found lacking for the intended purpose of smoking.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Holger Danske - Mango and Vanilla.

I was sure I'd already reviewed this, but when checking realised I hadn't. So, ordered some to save for my aromatic day; Sunday.

The cut of the tobacco makes loading and lighting simple; the moisture aids this as well. The aroma from it has more mango than vanilla, and seems quite strong.

The smoking quality? Hmmm, not good. Again, as I discovered in the pouch-note, the mango pushes the vanilla out of the park; but rather than having a flavoursome, aromatic, character, it's acidic, sharp and bitter. The tobaccos taste ok, I'm guessing, the topping doesn't allow much of them to come through! The burn? Hot. The palate? Wrecked by bite.

Room-note: not bad. Nicotine: a jot above mild.

Mango and Vanilla? Had a few bowls this morning, next move is to throw it in the bin! Not recommended:

One star.