A mixture of Virginia, dark fired and sun-cured tobacco.

Notes: Dunhill My Mixture 221b Baker Street clone.

BrandRobert McConnell
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (128)

Excellent blend all around. Burley, Virginia with a bit of plum top note. The burley is earthy and toasty and the Va provides a bit of hay and sweetness. The topping is not so obtrusive that it over takes the tobacco. This is supposed to be a clone of 221b of Dunhill game and I do believe it fits the bill. This is a very good blend of quality tobaccos and good blending. Tim note is inviting with the plum topping and the smell of well fermented burley I remember from my days of tobacco farming. Moisture of the ribbons is spot on and in good order for a pleasurable smoke. No gunk or gurgle in the bowl. While it is a repeatable smoke I do not believe it is a all day one. Enough strength to get your nicotine motor running. Solid 4 for me. Will store a few tins to age.

raybrown55 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
raybrown55 (37)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco reminds me of University Flake, which isn't so strange, considering that K&K used to blend it too. Virginia and Burley combine well together to give a deep, dark and quite strong taste. The light topping (plum comes to mind…) complements well the tobaccos, enhancing the overall experience. The ribbon cut make it easy to pack, to light and to keep lit and the smoke is quite slow and cool. I haven't tried any of the original versions, so I can't make any comparison, all I can say is that this tobacco stands on its own merits as a very good blend, that I highly recommend.

Similar Blends: University Flake.