Käpt´n Barsdorf Bester Bright Virginia is a fine mixture of pipe tobacco with a exceptionally mild aroma of sun-cured Virginia tobaccos. This wonderful blend consists of a base from black cavendish, burley and Virginia tobaccos.

Notes:

Strength
Taste
A Scot in Argentina Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A Scot in Argentina (18)

Quality tobacco blends are hard to come by here out in the pampas...you either have to go to Buenos Aires or get it through mail order. Hence why after having finished all my stash of Samuel Gawith blends I was 'forced' into giving this a try. With it being very inexpensive I didn't hold out much hope but at least it wasn't the usual vanilla aromatic blends commonly found here. I opened the pouch and found it a bit on the dry side....but at least it smelt like tobacco and not something you eat, which was a good sign. It certainly lives up to its name of Bright Virginia...it's a very light golden colour which came as a bit of a shock being so used to darker blends. After hydrating it I filled my Falcon and can honestly say I found it quite pleasant so pleaant I decided to go back to the shop and purchase all six pouches they had left of it. The low price compared to the well known blends certainly makes it easy for me to forgive its few failings and allows me to enjoy it for what it is. I find it to be an ideal morning smoke but I can and do smoke it at any time of day. I haven't had tongue bite however that might be down to the casual way I smoke. Worth a try especially if you get it at a bargain price.

Pipe Used: Falcon

Similar Blends: Image Virginia..