Notes: From P&C's website: Rocky Patel Prohibition Pure & Simple is an aromatic that strikes the perfect balance. It has a pleasant room note, but it's not heavy. It's sweet, but not cloying. It's smooth enough to enjoy all day long. It has a combination of vanilla and caramel essences that will remind you of someone baking, and a flavor that's velvety and mellow. For a first effort, this blend is a winner.

BrandRocky Patel
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Lower Alabama Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lower Alabama Piper (15)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I'm not big into aromatics but this is one of the few that I really enjoy. Upon opening the jar you get hit in the face with a very beautiful and pleasant Aroma of caramel and vanilla, it almost smells a potpourri, but it's not an artificial type smell. The wife who hates any kind of smell of tobacco lit or unlit, when I open this jar she was sitting around 8 feet from me said, that smells good. This tobacco stayed lit for me from start to finish with a very nice gray ash. I smoked this particular blend almost like a freight train and it never bit me neither did it burn hot which I was very very surprised. The Taste on the palate is very smooth and has a very light hint of vanilla and barely detectable Carmel. I've smoked 3 bowls of this tobacco one of them was a with a strong cup of coffee which I do not recommend the coffee will overpower the flavor of the tobacco. The aroma that it leaves in the room even the wife said was tolerable and she hates tobacco. The only regret I have was not purchasing two jars of this tobacco. I purchased this at pipes and cigar and have compared it with Russ's summer breeze blend. Russ's summer breeze blend is pretty darn good pipe tobacco and hard to beat, but this particular tobacco out performed hands down in Aroma, flavor and room note. This will definitely be going in my aromatic rotation.

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum Patriot

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Dr. Dunhill 23 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr. Dunhill 23 (17)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

I didn't know whether to grab for a spoon or a pipe! As soon as you open the (glass cigar) jar it comes in you are resoundingly hit with Caramel overnotes along with Vanilla and baking banana bread. The tin note is quite heavy but amazing.

It packs a bit wet so a good drying out is in order. Upon lighting up you can sure taste the caramel and it remains prevalent throughout all stages of the bowl and is quite pleasant. This is like a desert tobacco. The room note is a real crowd pleaser.

For a cigar maker, I sure thought it would be stronger than it is, but it's very much on the mild side with nearly zero nicotine kick.

This tobacco bites if you are a quickdraw and forgot to dry it out but once dry, it behaves well and is very enjoyable.

My jar came broken and I was barely able to salvage 3-4 ounces of the 16 ounces shipped (and then they were sold out!). This wasn't Rocky Patel's fault but the online store's shipping department from which I bought it. They put nearly ZERO protection around the container. I recommend you pay a little extra to have this shipped separately or buy it at your local B&M.

This will be great over the holidays. My pipe will smell better than the kitchen!

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula