BrandWilke Pipe Tobacco
Blended ByJohn Brandt
Manufactured ByWilke Pipe Tobacco
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Nougat, Whiskey
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Medium, Medium to Strong, Extra Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Full, Extra Full
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The toasty, nutty, earthy, woody burley is the star component. The grassy, tart and tangy citrusy Virginia plays a support role. The black cavendish adds some brown sugar and a vanilla note in a secondary position. The rich, toasty nougat topping takes a small lead over the chocolate, and the whiskey is more of a background player. The toppings sublimate the tobaccos to a fair extent, with the burley being the most obvious varietal. The strength is a step past the mild level, while the taste is a step past that, just falling short of the center of mild to medium. The nic-hit is fairly mild. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a very toasty sweet and slightly savory, consistent flavor that translates to lightly lingering, very pleasant after taste and room notes. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. An all day smoke with a little character.

-JimInks

HabaneroHardy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HabaneroHardy (274)
Mild Extra Strong Extra Full Pleasant

Wilke, 71st Street was brought in to the club along with some other Wilke tobaccos and the gentleman was nice enough to share. This is one super strong smelling what I can only associate as hazelnuts. I still can’t get over how strong the tin note was. This was a bulk blend buy. As I was smoking this, I could actually smell it while I smoked wondering if I was going to leave smelling like I came out of a hazelnut nougat candy factory. Some say you do not smell what you are smoking, it is the others around you but not with this one. I had two bowls and the tobacco quality was great, loads of flavor and zero bite. The only issue I had is I do not particularly care for the taste. As always, I appreciate the opportunity to sample another blend I have yet to try. If you like hazelnuts then give this one a try.

Purchased From: Gift

Theebuckeye Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theebuckeye (2)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

This is one of my absolute favorites up to this point. If not my number 1, this is a close number 2. It smells amazing!!! It reminds me of a hazelnut that has been dipped in carmel and then chocolate. What really sets this blend apart is that it tastes just like it smells. It comes a little moist but once lit, it burns without many relights. It is a sweet tobacco which i personally prefer. However, its not some over the top chemical sweetness. It's delicious. Doesn't bite and produces nice clouds of smoke that no one is going to complain about. Smells great, tastes great, and smokes great. Just a great tobacco in my opinion.

Purchased From: WILKE