The Krater Plug is a medium strength, pleasantly sweet and spicy plug tobacco. For experienced pipe smokers it's a wonderful tobacco. Yet due to its pleasant strength and good burning characteristics, this tobacco is also for pipe smokers that aren't too experienced. A delight for any tobacco lover that just wants to gain some experiences with plug tobaccos without getting overwhelmed by their strength. Not too strong, but also not too mild, not too sweet, but also not too spicy. All in all a well balanced and simply tasty blend. The Kraterplug is a perfect companion for the classic Kraterflakes.

Virginia/Kentucky/Perique at its best!

Notes: Released in 01/18.

BrandHU Tobacco
Strength
Taste

Pseudo Nim Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pseudo Nim (125)

Well I couldn't find the perique or the Kentucky in this, infact the tin I got was open with the seal intact, normally under such circumstances I would have returned the tin but as that meant sending it back to Germany, coupled with the recent dreadful experiences with the postal services, I decided not to.

I ordered a pipe on Christmas Day, it took almost 10 days to reach me, I ordered this, before Christmas, and this took 2 weeks, normal postage, about 4 days. Anyway I digress. The tin note I can tell you nothing about, I have a very poor sense of smell, coupled with the fact the tin was opened and I was able to pry the lid off with my aged fingers, did little to help. The tobacco did feel moist enough though and cutting with my trusty knife confirmed the fact, now although I couldn't taste any perique or Kentucky, if it was there, it had been applied with a very light hand, what I did taste was an absolutely superb Virginia leaf, somewhat on the mild side, barely reaching medium, this tobacco will not bite, smooth and sweet without being the least bit cloying, this will make for me at least, a superb Sumertime smoke when I'm looking for something a little lighter.

A few tins gathered in now will I think, result in a nice little bit of ageing.

If your a Virginia lover, or are tempted to try a Virginia, and a plug as well, you can't go far wrong with this, as stated, no bite and easy to prepare.

4 stars

Pipe Used: Various briars

Purchased From: Estervals

Similar Blends: Dunhill Light Flake and Sam Gawith's Golden Glow, but not as strong or as tasty as Golden Glow.